translate

Tuesday 4 April 2017

DIARY OF WWASHED AWAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good morning Bloggets. Gosh, I had the best sleep. I slept of course with the light on, as you do when you are a scared blind person. Woke up three times jumping out of bed, but apart from that, I really slept well considering my love wasn’t with me.

I spoke with him till late, between us we tried to put our new bank details on our blooming Apple account, seriously considering that Apple IPhone are really brilliant for those who can’t see, they need to improve their accounting details as they are not blind friendly.

I had lots of texts from my lovely friend and Boy Wonder was in before the pumpkin hour so all good. His walk? Ended up at the retail park. He bought a jumper, well, my flabber has never been so gasterd. In the winter, he buys short sleeves. He said and I quote. “Do you like my jumper, it’s a turtle neck for the summer nights?””

I’m still so very impressed with our new gardener’s work on our patio. It’s immaculate. Our Son said the slabs look brand new. It was odd, as there was a kind of salty finish, things had a grit on them, but I washed a couple of things down and they are now so clean, as for the patio I didn’t wash that down, and the grit has all gone today. I’m so impressed. He is coming back to do the weeds soon, let’s see how he does with that, and guess what? He never found out that I can see. Result. As soon as I get my garden done, I will be happy. I’m sick of being conned and the only way we don’t get conned is to act sighted, but it’s blooming hard. I have been told my eyes still look as if I can see, but I’m aware that sometimes I may not be looking right at their face, or if they move without talking, so if I’m talking to them, and they move slightly to the right, then my eyes may stay still, so how to avoid that? Haha, well, not sure how I can explain this, but I tend to look slightly to the left for example, just for a few seconds or if there is a noise outside, I look that way as though I’m looking at the action, as a sighted person would. Or I look to my phone as if a text has come in. Gosh it’s ridiculous, but sadly when dealing with some people, actions like that have to be done, I am just so sick of some people and things that have been done because we can’t see. I’m talking putting wallpaper on upside down, wall lights upside down and walls painted the wrong colour, I gave a painter two pots. I told him I wanted the big walls cream and the little walls red. What did he do? The opposite. In my head, making the big walls the dark colour, will make a narrow room even smaller. Opening it up to make the big walls the bright colour, surely will make it appear larger? Anyhow, even if it doesn’t, I told him what I wanted, he didn’t do it but then half way through when I asked if he was putting the cream on the large, when he hesitated, then said yes, then after payment my Son told me differently, I wasn’t impressed. Okay, so I shouldn’t have paid him until it was checked out, but, firstly, at that time, my boy was away for a few days it was a few years ago, and secondly, this is why I have to try now and approach things/people in a different way.

Our new gardener is going to take the conifer out that we paid someone for to remove. Haha. It’s standing proud over six feet tall. Oh, it was funny yesterday I asked him to take a look at the side garden, to remove next time he comes the stuff from there. I didn’t plant it so I don’t know what it is. So hence stuff… He went to look, leaving me on the door step nice and safe. He came back and said he would do it and kind of hinted that I should go with him to show him what I wanted out? I said to make it easy, everything from the side I just want the slate left. Easy, right? Oh, and talking about workmen, a kitchen story coming up in my next blog.

Okay, must go now to prepare BW’s lunch. Let’s see if I get the dam hob on. Then there is an ironing pile with my name on. Oh, and bedroom windows are desperate to be cleaned. I hate that job; our bedrooms are so small that I can’t get to the windows easily our huge furniture in a small room isn’t’ a good look. Our last house was so much bigger and I’m a hoarder I don’t like to get rid, but there is a skip coming our way soon and Hub said he is going to have some fun with that. He better not!!!

Before I go, some quotes.
By the work, one knows the workmen
Jean de La Fontaine
Common sense is in medicine the master workman
Peter Latham
A bad workman blames his tools
Daphne Du Maurier
There’s no workman, whatsoever he be, that may both work well and hastily.
Geoffrey Chaucer



No comments: