translate

Tuesday 18 April 2017

THE KITCHEN DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Oh well, here we go. Feeling sick right now. All weekend we have been emptying our kitchen. Two large units full of crystal and china. Collectables and more. Up and down stairs trying to find space in one of the rooms if not three. Moving one unit into our sitting room and the other into our conservatory where we had a huge disaster, not our fault at all but the fault of another. One thing we asked help for which I really regret. Hub and I said we are better off on our own doing things. Putting items upstairs where we can remember where to find them again is a challenge. Remember we can’t just look and go to whatever?

Oh, the house is upside down. On top of that we are trying to sell some items and people, strangers have been coming to the house, something I’m not comfortable with.

We are absolutely exhausted. Now it’s out of our control. My house is all open to whoever. Our back gate is unlocked. Our garage door is open. Our back door open, and our builder already after only twenty minutes has disappeared. There is another man arrived, and he is in my garage but said he will be going soon. Where? How long for?

Last night when we went to bed I was saying to Hub I won’t even have a cup of tea. All day without food. It will do me good though as I have had an Easter egg this weekend that I shouldn’t have had.

Hub had to get up at six for a silly start to his working day it was just after the pumpkin hour and Boy Wonder came in the house shouting his mouth off about how he was going to make his bacon sandwich in the morning. Oh, my God. Give me strength. For five days we have hardly eaten anything not had time to stop he has been away for a break to Scotland since he has been back he has been for two meals out and he has the nerve to shout and go crazy like that? Obviously, tensions ran high and sadly doors got almost smashed off their hinges as a bad tempered young man took revenge out on the house and Hub wasn’t his best behaviour either as he shouted at BW to get out of our room. Well seriously, kids are so selfish. Not once has he thought about how difficult this whole thing is for us.

Now I have my little Waggatail squeaking her toy, trying to put it on my lap top for me to throw for her, our dogs lives have been disturbed too as they don’t like change and haven’t had the attention they deserve this weekend. They have worked as we have really tried to get what we need for our kitchen, thank God for them. But as far as a calm house? Nope, not this house, and I think we may be here for a while like this as the builder today told me that he would only be doing the window today, not touching the door or ceiling. For pity sake, what is wrong with these people? He told me last week he would take the ceiling down the same time as the window out and door out so to get rid of the rubbish all in one go. So, I don’t know what is being done today, all I know is I’m praying… Now, who to? Good question. This isn’t one for my angels. I’m thinking this is a one for the boss.

Oh, and my lovely joiner is coming today and our new gardener. Then there is a man coming to buy our bar stools. Oh, it’s all going on in the Fifi household. It’s not even nine in the morning, I’m starving. It’s psychological because I know I can’t get in there to do anything. I had it all planned. I was going to bring through some cottage cheese. Nice and easy, but our builder came too early. He was due at nine but came at eight fifteen. Oh well, let’s hope he will put in a full day? Haha, I wonder if he’s back yet?

I already forgot to tell him to take our blinds down. Oh heck. I just can’t remember everything. I was in there before and I was pointing to things as I was telling him what needed doing, or reminding him. He wasn’t sure where I meant so I had to point. Hopefully in the right direction. Seriously this blind thing is a pain. It’s going to be a long four weeks.



No comments: