translate

Wednesday 26 April 2017

THE KITCHEN DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

My Builders came at nine. It’s now ten and they have just pulled away. I seriously think I have shot myself in the foot today. They arrived an hour ago. They just come in, so I went out the back to see them. They said they were here. Really? Well, thank goodness, it’s them and not burglars? I mean, I heard their van. I heard their tools and voices talking about measurements. So, I’m blind, but not stupid. I know you are there, you clowns. I then stupidly joked and said, well, you could put your radio on and leave, now couldn’t you? They have not turned a radio on all the times they have been here.
Two minutes later?
You’ve guessed it. A radio has been turned on. Hahahahaha. Best bit, they were singing to the songs. Oh my.

The little joiner has a very high voice, he’s tiny and the very tall hunky monkey of a builder has the deepest voice, so, you can imagine. But then the song Only the lonely came on and when the drum beat, so did the hammers…. I’m not kidding, in time to the beat, the hammers were going. That’s fine, it’s called progression. But, how many times does one need to bash a nail? Hahaha. And then shock horror. The builder used the toilet and. Wait for this. Only went and blooming flushed the toilet after him? Oh, we are really getting somewhere today.

How do I know it’s ten? Because the news has just come on.

So now we are on count down until the big telling him he hasn’t got the job of my kitchen. It’s a real shame because he has got a nice side to him. Honest. He has. Just the one side though!

My Son has gone to work today but won’t be here at lunch time to save me with a cup of something. He has travelled a long way to work today. He has been asked to look after a store a drive away. It took him forty minutes to get there today. I think the traffic was bad. So, he isn’t home at lunch time, so if, I stress if. My guys are still here. My Waggatail will have crossed legs as my boy normally let’s her out in the dog run, if they are still here by half one, I will have to go around the side of the house and just hope there are no obstacles.

Oh, I hope they are all done today and all that is left is the electrician to do our lights tomorrow? I have a feeling he may do another couple of jobs, only thing is, he hasn’t given me a quote for that so will have to go out for some money tonight. Or tell them to come back when I get some cash.

Well, he’s not back yet. I hate this. My gates and doors are all open. I guess the radio is on so sounds like people are here?
My long month is coming to an end!

No comments: