translate

Friday 14 April 2017

DIARY OF GOOD FRIDAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. Our friend kindly brought us a homemade simnel cake yesterday and it’s killing me because next to Christmas cake it’s my favourite kind of cake. We spent a fortune one year buying our friends in America one from M & S. It was £27 I have never spent that much on a cake before but we wanted the best for them. We went to America to stay with them and though they shared everything with us bless them, the cake was never opened. Ever since then, I have had such a desire for one of our own, but no way would pay that much and I know you can I’m sure get cheaper, but I wonder if they would be as nice?

So, there it is in our kitchen with the eleven marzipan eggs on the top, and Hub says we are not eating it until Easter Sunday.

I feel as if I have too much to do for Easter. Tomorrow we have our nest cakes to make and I think I’m doing them with our boy when he returns from his latest trip. Then there are the dyed eggs to do. Every year I hard boil some eggs in obviously water, salt so the egg shells don’t crack and in the pan, is the skins from red onions or brown if you only have brown onions. Then remove from the pan and wipe butter over them and then polish with a bit of kitchen towel. Then leave to dry they look beautiful like dark red or golden brown shiny marble eggs. I think we will just have a tea party on Easter Sunday. With sandwiches and hot cross buns as well as the cakes.

I have a couple of baskets to make up for the kids and some eggs to hide…. I know, they are not babies, but my Son is used to his slightly crazy Mum. I have some Easter bunnies too that play music, haha, must try to remember to get those out tonight.

Well, what an interesting and full day. We have started the big clean-up for our work starting on Tuesday, so I think my Husband has been up and down the stairs about twenty times. We moved our huge unit into the living room. And we now have the other big unit to move from the kitchen to the conservatory. Then to empty the cupboards that are near the window that is going to be knocked out on Tuesday.

The house is going to be upside down for the next few weeks if not five long weeks.

I must tell you I am totally dreading Tuesday. It’s the ceiling coming down, I wish I had my joiner but I’m just going with the idea that if we try to nail plasterboards in the existing ceiling, they won’t hold as our existing ceiling is finished, I just hope the blooming upstairs bedrooms won’t fall through, nothing would surprise me in this house.

So, today, why interesting, well I have took photographs of some items we have for sale. Now, firstly remember I’m totally blind. Hub said he wouldn’t take them because they would be of the floor, well, how the heck do we know if these ones are not also of the floor? Anyway, some bar stools I put for sale, then two inflatable beds one single and one double, we won’t ever need them so it will generate some money.

Then for some window blinds. They are as new, they have been up since we moved in here, but they were expensive so don’t just want to throw them out. Well, out came the good old tactile tape measure again and both blinds went for sale too. Then the other day we put Hubs stereo and very expensive speakers and other things that go with the speakers. Gosh they were so difficult to photograph. Two very tall lovely slim speakers floor standing then in the middle there was a subwoofer some centre thing and the stereo itself. The whole lot of the sound system cost £2,000 and it’s on EBay starting price at 99p. So far two bidders and it’s going for £2. Did someone leave the zero’s off? Haha, they have five days left though and have a load of watchers. Hub had two other speakers and one of his colleagues said her partner wanted them so Hub said they would be a certain price, much money, he was practically giving them away, he took them to work and sadly they never had the decency to hand over any money. That shocked me so much. They worked so perfectly well and had a better sound than any modern speaker system you can buy these days. So, I hope this time he can get a good amount for the others.

The bar stools sold straight away, for a whopping £4.20. Someone has a bargain as they were £120. The beds went within an hour and the people who bought them travelled an hour to get them. They came to the house and I did my acting as if I could see game and that may have worked, but having said that, Hub noted that they did say, mind you don’t trip over the wire, hahaha, I said to Hub maybe they know I can’t see because of the photograph I published? Smile.

It’s my big brother’s birthday today. I spoke to him before on the phone. It’s also my Dad in laws on Monday. And it was Shamrocks yesterday. As for Sham and Boy Wonder, they loved their concert they went to it was the wonderful Bruno Mars. They are back tomorrow. As for Hubs Dad, we got him a card yesterday but when Hub phoned him he wasn’t there so I think he must be at the caravan. I would guess he will be there for another week. So, he is in Scotland. I said to Hub I should have had BW to write the address before he left and I blooming forgot so now I have a card saying for Dad but there isn’t any post before his birthday. I hope we get chance to at least talk to him? I know Hub won’t phone him on his mobile, as a woman may answer he won’t want to talk with. So, I just hope he will be back so we can wish him all the best. I so badly wish we could get in a car and drive to see family. After the hospital appointment the other day, it doesn’t look like I will be driving in my life time…

I’m going to light a candle now and have a chill night, may have a bath later with some lovely products. My baby is home tomorrow and he is then going straight out for a birthday meal with Shamrocks family. They will be tired as it’s a long journey home. Hub and I are off to try to do more kitchen shopping. God help us…

Have a peaceful and happy Easter. I hope the Easter bunny’s visit you and the chocolate chicks bring lots of delicious treats. With love. X



No comments: