translate

Tuesday 18 April 2017

DIARY OF PATIENCE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Today our Bloggets are from the Isle of Man, Italy, Hong Kong, UK, Spain, US, Netherlands, France, Germany and South Africa.

Welcome to you all. I’m sitting here freezing as our work has begun on the house, if you read my kitchen diary earlier you will know what I’m talking about.

Our builder came for ten minutes then went. It’s now four hours later and he is still not back. We are left with a nice man, he isn’t a plumber or an electrician, who is he? Not sure but he came with our builder. He has been in every single room in our house. All the bedrooms, bathrooms, living room and the garage. I hate that, it’s our blooming kitchen getting done?

I went in and said can they knock the wall into the room where we are taking up the floor because the other room where they could knock into has new tiles. He said well, they have sheets. Em? Sheets are not going to protect my nice new tiles, and bricks are getting knocked out.
Oh, my nerves.

My little Waggatail is laying on my feet. My Son has gone to work. He said he wasn’t coming home for lunch. I told him I made him sandwiches. He said that isn’t enough to fill him. I said there was homemade cake and a yogurt as well as a banana. Also, I asked him twice to bring me a coffee in., now will he? I’m not hopeful. I hope I am proven wrong. I made his sandwiches none for me though, by the time I made his and Hubs for work, I really couldn’t be bothered doing mine. I told Boy Wonder last night if he wanted to make pasta there was loads but to do it now as in last night, but he didn’t listen and now he is really driving me crazy with what he is going to eat.

I made a mushroom stroganoff for dinner it’s in the fridge just needs microwaving. I wish I could make it like in Russia? Oh, they do the best strogonov.

Heck, a sheet of glass has just smashed. Oh, my dogs? I’m going to have to really make sure there is no glass or anything dangerous to hurt our babies.

Hub has safely arrived he will be tired by tomorrow night. Travelling anywhere for anyone is tiresome, but when you can’t see, the concentration makes it ten times worse. He woke at six and will be home by eight I hope. Then same again tomorrow.

My lovely joiner has just been. He is so trust worthy. How come I have found him? He is going to give me the number of a painter. I told him he was like my telephone directory as he knows everyone. Except a gardener… Talking of gardeners, ours is coming tomorrow now. There’s too much going on today. Oh, let me tell you this, when I was outside with our joiner talking about a fence. I walked back to my front door. I was about to go in the house hahaha when I heard a voice saying hello. I turned to him and it was the man who was coming to buy our bar stools. I had to tell him I was blind and not ignorant as I was about to shut the door on him as he stood on my door step. Well handed over the stools and hoped that I hadn’t given the post man my stools rather than the man from EBay

As I write to you you see my world through my words and I have just heard on the news that our Prime Minister is to hold an early election in June. Why? Oh my. For goodness sake. We need her to drive us over the next few years. I can’t believe I’m saying that about a conservative Government but I have such admiration for her. She is a strong lady and is so intelligent she isn’t hot headed and unlike the other party leaders she remains calm. Oh, I just hope the British public vote for our future rather than our dreadful past of a few years. Where we have crumbled. It’s time to rebuild Britain now and we can only do this with her leadership.

I shall go for now but will be back further down the page where it will be some time later.
OK, it’s now later. My word. It’s 3pm. Boy Wonder came home for lunch. He laughed as he said he forgot my coffee. He works in a bloody coffee shop. He was angry with me because he said. I had a face on. I said nothing. He then let my dog out thankfully as there are tools bricks and glass all over the place. He then slammed the door and left for work. He said he didn’t want the sandwiches I had made him and he didn’t want to be home with my atmosphere. I said nothing, he should live with someone who shouts. I stayed calm but hurt. He is becoming so very selfish.

My builder has just come after leaving the poor man on his own all day. He came and sat down he told me he had a clean bum. Hahaha. TMI?

I thought I’m not surprised you haven’t done any pigging work? Well my two days are turning into four. Two days of door work and ceiling. Oh, my he even said he may not be finished until next Monday and our kitchen hasn’t even arrived yet.

Tell you what though, he is rather dishy…. Goodness knows what he looks like but if I wasn’t in love with Hub and I was single, well, what can I say? My friend JB would love him just because she will be reading this, I can tell her he is woo’ooo’ooo’oow, well his voice and the way he walks. As for his looks? Hahaha. Hmm. They may be rough, who knows. In my head, he is very handsome. My poor Husband said the other day, you wouldn’t, would you? Oh, bless him, no way, my Hub is my perfect choice. I adore him, but I’m just the biggest flirt, mind you, if he made any advances, I think I would run a mile. I know I’m safe as he is very young. I think ten years younger than me the funny thing is, he built this house as a 16 year old apprentice. How odd is that? This house is 22 years old.

So, I have now learned that all the bricks are staying in our kitchen. Oh joy. Good job we are not trying to preserve our kitchen.

The noise is dreadful. So tomorrow our ceiling coming down and the door may, may, be removed. Then Thursday the electrician coming and Friday plastering. Monday finishing off then a couple of weeks later our kitchen gets took out and the new one put in.

Five hours before both BW and Hub are home. It’s going to be so hard to do things like feed the dogs, we feed them in the kitchen but we are not going to be able to do that. For how long? Another seven days? Oh gosh.

I’m already thinking what are we going to eat tomorrow night? Hub home late again I hope BW is too then I may have a chance for him to pick up some Fish & Chips. If he is early, he will just eat out with his GF as for us? I guess it will be an expensive Indians and I’m trying to avoid expensive as when our kitchen is getting fitted, we will be eating a lot of take away.

My friend keeps phoning me but I can’t hear the phone. Drills and banging sounds are ringing through my head.

OK, I will go for now, go where? Not far, perhaps from one couch to another… I thought I would get loads of writing work done today but impossible to concentrate and I have done some work for Hub so up to date on that. Later with love and before I go some words.
Patience? I need them right now.
Rivers know this. There is no hurry, we shall get there some day.
A.A. Milne
By Chris Jami, “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”

And one of my favourite quotations that I feel was written many moons ago just for me. Smile. Someone who could obviously see into the future when having me in their mind. Lewis Carroll wrote “No, no, the adventures first, explanations take such a dreadful time.
Finally, from me.
“to have patience, takes a lot of work or you will end up ill and be a patient.”
Fiona Cummings
Our crazy English, check out the different spelling though both words sound the same.

No comments: