translate

Thursday 13 April 2017

DIARY OF EASTER YOLKS BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. On this cold Maundy Thursday night, Hub and I are preparing ourselves for our Easter weekend full of jobs. What is it they say? No wrest for the wicked? Tomorrow we may start to empty our china units in our kitchen for the big ceiling come down on Tuesday. I think we may have over 120 chrystal glasses and there is my 39 salt and pepper sets as well as my collection of mugs and very old and fragile tea sets that belonged to my Nanna and Mum. My Mum gave me them years ago, she has not been with me on earth for 19 years, and I had them about five years before then, they are over fifty years old so thin and precious. No pressure, right? Now, where to put them? We don’t have any boxes. We need to store them for four weeks.

This afternoon our Son went to his Destination with Sham and together they will be until Saturday. They have both been very good in keeping in contact so far. It’s Shamrocks 18th birthday. I can tell you what Boy Wonder bought her now for her birthday. A holiday to Rome. So, Prague from her to him and Rome from him to her…

Today we went to buy electric items for our kitchen. Oh my, that will be in a different blog, my kitchen Diary.

Tomorrow is my Brothers birthday, the big brother I looked up to when a little girl, he is seven years my senior and his age now? It’s scary, I don’t want to be this old. Can’t he be 22 years older than me? It’s also Good Friday. We can’t eat meat tomorrow not that I do, but Hub can’t. I hope BW doesn’t where he is. Mind you, where he is? That’s a good one. I don’t have a clue. Not hotel anyway. I hope they have a good time, where they have gone I’m not a fan of I love Edinburgh though, that is my favourite part of Scotland just for the atmosphere.

Hub and I trying to sell items on line and it’s rather fun. Especially me taking pictures of what we have for sale. Goodness knows what we have on for sale as far as photographs are concerned. We sold one item yesterday that was really funny because I had it advertised as a Kenwood smoothie maker it sold and we learned that it in fact was a Breville but hey ho they got a bargain.
Though we are both at home not being able to see, my lamps are on and the cold outside is at battle with our warm house. Just about to watch the TV show we have been watching the same documentary for the past few weeks the program I told you about, 3 wives 1 husband.


And finally, some jokes to start your Easter off in style, haha, well, may be that is going too far, but here we go.
Q: What kind of jewellery do rabbits wear?
A: 14 carat gold.

What do you call rabbits that marched in a long sweltering Easter parade?
A: Hot, cross bunnies.

Who is the Easter Bunny's favourite movie actor?
A: Rabbit De Niro!

No comments: