translate

Monday 3 April 2017

DIARY OF WASHED AWAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

It’s so hard pretending I can see. I just want it to go well this time. It’s difficult he will finish and I will pay him but won’t know if the job is done properly. I guess only time will tell. His van is on my drive, I hope he doesn’t have oil coming from it? Again, how will we know? That isn’t something we can feel. It’s a new drive and we won’t ever be able to afford another. I don’t think I will be able to do that again, it was weeks of mess and we found it so hard to get out of the house as the drive what was there, was feet under us now, to get out of our front door, was a big drop. Mind you, in the end, he did the best job. Sadly, he wouldn’t come back to honour his promise of aftersales of sanding the drive as in putting sand back in between the cracks. Of course, we would have paid him for doing that, but the job wasn’t big enough I guess. People are greedy around here, they work little and want a lot. My ex was a gardener as I have written about before and he was the best gardener I have ever known. The man who did our drive was a gardener too, though he didn’t want to do our garden. It was too small. Let’s see how this guy will do? He has used a pressure washer on our patio and thankfully we have electric and water as it’s been getting well used for the past hour and a half. Now sounds like he is strimming. Funny, I would have thought he would have strimmed then cut the weeds? But hey, he is the expert.

This one only lives a mile away, so in his truck, he will take about three minutes to get here. I haven’t offered him a cup of tea, I feel bad, but if I did that, I would have to go out there and make eye contact. Then it will be a case of my hand with the cup in meeting his. Then when he gave the cup back, not that they all do, most leave the cup on the drive or patio somewhere, but if he handed my cup back, again, the awkwardness of my hand meeting with his. I just want to let him think I’m sighted, so will have as little contact with him as possible.

It’s awful and scary. I have his money ready if he does two hours. If he does more, I will get more as my Son got me some yesterday from the machine. We were going to the town to the bank on Saturday, but we ended up going somewhere else instead!

I can hear him now lifting my elephant. I hope he is careful with that? I pray this man is good and I can trust him to just keep the garden tidy? If this one doesn’t work out, I swear, I’m going to concrete the whole lot up. Have no flowers shrubs or plants. It would be a shame as we have some lovely things in our garden. Our apple tree is doing so well. If you can’t see and are starting your garden, I would suggest trees only, they are the least bother.

Someone was meant to come today with regards my window in our kitchen, but sadly, hasn’t and hasn’t text or emailed to let me know why?

My Husband has gone to a place three hours away in the train called Leamington. He won’t be back until tomorrow night very late! He says he is doing some courses and something to do with his three year check up to do with Police checking, it’s very thorough where he works.

LF will have a nice break away, different scenery. Waggatail will miss him though, so will I. bless her she came upstairs during the night and started to cry and thankfully Hub got up to let her out, it’s good she told us she wanted out. It’s unusual her wanting to go out during the night though, so perhaps she has a sore stomach? I do wonder what they eat when they are on a free run? Because most times she has her run, she has a poorly stomach. I guess you could say, a free run, causes the runs?

Well, washing is in the machine and life goes on. I will give you an update on my kitchen in the next blog. Until then, take care coz I care. X





No comments: