translate

Tuesday 25 October 2016

WITH HOPE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


WITH HOPE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

The fear of the unknown

Feeling so alone

No one to talk with

Nobody answered the phone

So much to give

Life to live

But living has been stolen

Words unspoken

I couldn’t breathe

Felt myself choking

Was left to grieve

I didn’t believe

This was happening to me

Was it true

One day I wouldn’t be able to see?

It was a bad mistake

A nightmare

I would shake

It wasn’t fair

The pain I couldn’t bare

And no, there was no one near

To hold my hand

And calm my fear

To understand

To guide me

To say that they will be here

 When I no longer can see

What would I do?

How would I manage?

Even a clue?

Mind full of damage

Heart shredded

Words imbedded

So unkind

You are going blind

Face the fact

My soul was cracked

How would I cope

Hand me the rope?

Ten years of hell

I was guided to the cliff

And just fell

Landed at the bottom

Woke up to smell the blossom

I was lifted by a power

Like picking up a flower

In a garden of discovery

Saw sun, away from misery

Though still my days are dark

And somehow I have lost the spark

I am proud to be a survivor

And want to tell you all

If you are guided to the cliff

Be strong, don’t fall

Hear me call

Hold out your hand

Because I understand

I have been where you are now

I can tell you when and how

What you can do

For you

Together we can do this

Though sight we will miss

A different lifestyle we can face

Life may not be full of gold, satin and lace

But food we will eat

Depression we can beat

And with hope, one day

Our eyes will meet

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: