translate

Friday 7 October 2016

FRIDAYS DIARY (SMILE) BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Here I am at half seven in the morning after seeing my baby girl off. Hub told me that there is a collection and awareness event for our Guide Dog office so wondered if I wanted to let Waggatail go with him? Well, I knew I didn’t need to go anywhere today also she adores going places meeting new people and seeing Wendy who will be there, so why not?

 

Well, I told Wendy and she is excited to see the Wagging one and Waggs never even looked back as Hub took her to the car, put her in then came back for the Little Fella who sat next to me with slight panic on his face as he watched his Daddy and Waggs leave the house without him.

 

Gosh the house will be quiet today? Not sure how I feel? But hopefully Waggatail will create cute appeal and gets some penny’s for her team.

 

Gosh, Hub carried all of the boxes around from the back to the front today and then freaked out as he realised that he has lost his kindle? Well it wasn’t where it normally is, upstairs, nor in his work bag. I asked him did he bring it downstairs with him, he answered yes it was in his coat pocket. I said he must have dropped it outside. He replied no, as I would hear it.

 

Well he traced his steps and thank goodness he found it on the ground, so please let it be OK? His book is his life line when he is doing silly long train journeys. He normally works on the train but when he is doing three hours plus journeys, he likes a break of half an hour of book, also there are two taxi drivers when he is going in the office, who bore the pants off Hub so he likes to read his book. Me, no way I could be so rude but Hub has no issue with that. Haha.

 

Seriously I could write a book on taxi drivers. Most of them are fine and there are two who Hub is very very fond of and has high regard for. But two of them? Oh boy… When I was going for my interview, I was dreading the fact that I may get two of them, not obviously at the same time, smile, though knowing these two, birds of a feather an all?

 

Shamrock came around last night. She had been to Ireland. She’s Irish you know? And brought teen some lovely gifts back. One of the gifts is a sheep that is also a pillow and it has a green shamrock on it oddly enough, well, I guess it is from Ireland so, not really odd?

 

It was lovely to hear the two of them laughing and obviously enjoying each other’s company. Gosh such a difference between this girl and the horror he indulged a couple of years ago.

 

Arty came around yesterday and we had a lovely afternoon. She brought cakes bless her and we of course chatted. Sadly, she has lost another one of her cats. The brother of her last cat she lost five months ago. The really weird thing is, both cats died on the same day, same date? The 29th. Obviously not the same month, but how weird is that?

 

My heart and thoughts goes out to those in the Caribbean and Florida.  I feel for you all, especially those in the Caribbean who have lost their lives and their families. A point that was said today on social media. “Why do people have trailers in Florida, knowing the weather conditions can get very dangerous?””

 

Something else I must share that I read on social media I have asked for permission it made me chuckle at silly hour this morning.

I wanted to forward this post to give you a giggle!!! My friend, and her sister are both visually impaired..............

Wild in the aisles...

I'd be lying if I said that being Visually Impaired wasn't at all stressful and frustrating at times but one mustn't dwell as it does not serve one well to do so. Besides, no sighted person on the planet could ever have as much fun in the Co-Op as my sister and I...

I needed Savlon...

Sighted person would...

A. Enter the store and head to the medicine aisle.
B. Scan the shelves, ignoring all other products until their eyes landed on the desired box of cream.
C. Pay and leave.

"Boring"!

Here's what the blind leading the blind do...

A. Enter the store and engage memory map...what aisle is the medicine on this week? There's never a dull moment when the store has had a move around!
B. Concentrate hard until one locates a product that might come under the medicine category.
C. Partner in crime gets her Braille reading finger poised.
D. The shelf scanning begins...
E. "Vag-a-sil" she reads aloud (giggling commences) "Wisdom toothpaste", the search continues as I pass the boxes and it reads...
F. Picture my sister crouched down, guide dog by her side and baby strapped to her front, scanning a box with her finger as a friendly voice asks "can I help you two ladies?"
G. "I have found Anasol whatever that is?" but we are looking for Savlon.. The lady  joins in on our giggles, pointing out what the product was and she kindly took over our plight to locate the Savlon.
H. It wasn't looking promising...we could cure various bodily itches and make our teeth shine but the Savlon was hiding...
I. "You'd think it'd be near plasters profoundly announced as she rose from her crouch.
J. the lady took these words of wisdom on board and continued scanning...
K. Let's just say that finding vagisil and anasol were funny but if the Braille reading had taken us in the opposite direction then she would have found the Savlon nestled snugly between the "Pleasurables" and the "Durex"! Now make of that what you will!

Thank heavens that we live in a small town where we are well known and people come to our rescue. I think we provided the assistant with a chuckle too!

So next time that you walk straight to a product in the supermarket, just think what you could be doing if you were us!
Off to work tomorrow so the streets are safe once more until the sister and I reunite for some more mystery shopping next Wednesday!!

 

There really can be laughter after the dark. Mind you , people don’t have to be without sight to do funny things in shops? I have told you this before, I was shopping with my ex in a paint shop. At the time I had some sight. We were with my Mum who was looking for paint for her lounge and she only likes one brand.

Unfortunately,

So right across the shop, well two isles, she pounded out the words

“Fiona, is there any Durex? I need Durex.””

 

She of course meant Dulox, as in the brand of paint.

I wanted the ground to open as a man laughed and in a dry voice replied.

“You won’t find any of those in here love!”

Haha. My Mum went purple as she exclaimed how un impressed she was…

 

A lovely lady today on line also spoke of how she bought condoms instead of head ache relief. Hahaha. Of course I had to comment to her and ask if she said to her Husband.

“Not tonight love. I have a headache.””

 

Until later my dear Bloggets with love. X

No comments: