translate

Friday 14 October 2016

DIARY OF THE CHEAPEST PLACES TO LIVE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hungary, Spain, Norway, Jersey, UK, Canada, Germany, US, Brazil and South Africa are with us today. Again, to name the top ten viewing countries. And seconds after I checked who is with us today, I refreshed the page and Australia popped up along with Ireland, Brazil, Pakistan  and Turkey.

I love it, I love the fact you keep coming back too.

 

I didn’t get to bed until the early hours of the morning today. About twenty past three. This morning. I had a speech to write for someone and it had to be done to post to get to the person by Tuesday. Also a Blogget emailed me and asked me to write about where I thought were the most affordable places to live in the world? Well, I know some of the places I would love to live, and where if I were rich would love to have a holiday home. Holiday homes would be Tennessee US and the south of France. As for where I would love to live? Norway for sure and Italy. But this isn’t about me, this is to find out where the most popular places are to live for cost of utility bills, transport rent food and so on.

 

Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, situated in the southeast of the country, the city is known for its many churches, and has the largest baroque old town in Europe.  It does sound beautiful, with its cobbled alleys, and hill top views, all keeping a village feel to it.

 

Budapest, Hungary, is said to be a beautiful city with it’s abundance of hot thermal springs, bath houses and sophisticated cuisine. With castles palaces and of course a trip down the river Danube, this city is said to be very affordable to live.

 

Riga, capital of Latvia is also very affordable, scenic and diverse though it has a quiet and reserved feel to it, it’s said that it has a vibrant cosmopolitan city filled with hip bars, art and food fusions! It’s also said to be one of the safest places to live.

 

Prague is so beautiful if I could see it’s one place I would love to visit. But it is said that it is a cost friendly place to live. This surprised me I thought it was expensive, it just sounds so beautiful as you can walk everywhere as it’s all close together, with again cobbled streets, old fashioned bars and ancient Chapple’s, gardens and cute cafĂ©’s.

 

Shri Lanka,  It’s so inexpensive especially to holiday.  Some tourist places of interest cost quite a lot,  where as it’s free to those who do live there. Great idea. Thailand, the north side is said to be very cheap. It’s the transport there I can’t believe how low in cost it is.

 

Peru, somewhere my Husband would love to go for a holiday, not to live, but it is very inexpensive to live there they say. And finally, Cape town in South Africa. Wow, what a magnificent place to live, though like a lot of the so called cheapest places to live in the world and I have only featured some of them as I can’t believe doing research, just where we are advised to live? I mean some of the places are war zones, hahaha, seriously, war zones are recommended to live because it’s little money. Em, I would rather pay a bit more and be safe, well as safe as we can be in this beautiful world we live in, sadly spoiled by humans.

 

This brings me to the question, just how many of us in reality have a choice where to live?

Later with love.

No comments: