translate

Sunday 23 October 2016

SUNDAY DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


South Korea, Switzerland, India, France, United States, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Ireland, Argentina, and Germany are all with us today in the top ten of viewers/listeners. Welcome all of you and more who are not on the list that is on my stats as I always say, I only see the top ten countries.

 

After the buzz of yesterday’s theatre, today Hub, LF, Wagga and myself went off to our local church. As we went in, Hub went to the piano, I passed a lady talking, and what I heard kind of amused me. She basically compared us to those in the Parra Olympics. Hahahaha. So, this was the conversation

“Oh, aren’t they marvellous? It’s like when I watched the Parra Olympics, I thought if you can do that then us normal folk can do it too?””

Us normal folk? So yeah, we are so not normal? Well, to who? And this was a Christian church? Grr. What with been called people who had challenges yesterday and today referred to as ab normal? Haha. One could develop a complex.

 

 Hub was to play the piano. Our lovely friends were there and Hub was amazing. LF lay at Hubs feet but half way through the service, LF decided to lay across Hubs feet, just before he was about to play. Well this could have been a little awkward as of course he uses his feet to play as well as his fingers…  He did well. Hub did too at playing, heheheh. Seriously, of course Hub did well he is brilliant but LF was also brilliant as he lay so very still. Waggs was OK until the children started to do a three-legged race waving chocolate bars as their gifts around, then the wonderful wagging one wanted to sample the little munchkins offerings.

 

A cup of tea and then back home. A big dog walk for our clever beasties who guided very well today.

 

It’s beautiful and sunny here now and I guess I have to start some house work. I would love a cosy time in front of the TV, but that will have to weight. Dinner must be cooked and after then, floors to clean.

 

 Teen at work. He started at eight this morning and is in until four then tomorrow an early start again at 6. Then I think he is doing four days in a row at ten hours each day. As for tomorrow, I have an appointment at the eye hospital, but not sure yet if I am going. If I do I will let you know the latest what I find out. I read last night that in the US they reckon that there will be gene therapy available to some blind people by next year. But I had to read with one eye, smile, a joke of course I can’t see, but I am very cautious of what I read about future treatment now as they do like to build your hopes up.

 

 

Smoke fills the air outside today as people must have their log burners going. It’s been ages since we could smell the beautiful smell of chocolate from our chocolate factory. I love that smell. Whereas the log burners choke me.

 

In our medical news today British scientists have made a breakthrough in a contraceptive pill for men… Can you imagine men talking about being on the pill? Just odd… Great though, because now they can take more control and less un planned babies will be prevented from being created in the world.

 

Migraine sufferers should avoid eating processed meats and leafy greens, because they increase the level of nitrates which may cause the debilitating headaches.

 

Swiss Doctors report that the cartilage cells harvested from patients own noses, have been known to successfully   produce cartilages for the treatment of the knees.

 

 

There is hope for mine then? Rather than knotty knees, will we have snotty knees?

No comments: