translate

Thursday 13 October 2016

DIARY OF THE NIGHT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


So tonight what is in our news in the UK? London zoo. An 18-year-old gorilla smashed through the glass and ran around for 25 minutes. Thankfully he was caught and is safe. We didn’t shoot him. Thank God. Thing is, he is eighteen, so when we are that age in the UK, we get a key to the door. Gosh, gone are the days when we gave kids a key at eighteen? More like eleven now. Anyway, the gorilla just wanted his key. Smile,

 

I also read about a man who went into an electric shop and looked at the televisions. He went to push a button on the TV when it fell backwards. As the TV fell, it banged into another one knocking that over too. The customer stepped backwards in disbelief backing into another TV making that fall causing that one to smash into another. £5000 later, I guess he left the shop?

 

Rapper Coolio didn’t turn up to court after trying to get a gun on a flight. Really, they should jail him. To even try to do that? If that was just a quotes normal person, they would be in prison now surely? Why would you want a gun on your flight? I love or loved his music, but after reading this, I don’t like the man now.

 

So spiders don’t have ears, but they know when you are on your way towards them. Their tiny hairs can detect movement sound up to a few meters away. Tonight I was watching a dog who is being trained to smell cancer. They say that dogs can detect cancer in a person long before the medics can. They showed the dog doing his training, it was amazing.

 

So that roughly is some of our news, not going into the politics or nasty violent news. We don’t need it. I think everyone needs to chill and escape the headlines for a while. Why don’t we all try it for a few days? Until Monday? I am sure that people would be much happier if they didn’t watch the news. I mean, when we go on holiday, we don’t watch TV do we? And it’s so much better, we are oblivious to the worlds crazy crashes.

 

I ordered some new books on my kindle today. I really want to get into reading again or in my case listening to the book, as my kindle speaks as probably yours does too, if it’s a couple of years old or more actually, gosh, thinking about it, I think my kindle is about five years old. I never listen to it though. But now the winter is coming, the fires are burning, the crisp nights are hear, I fancy a hot chocolate and kindle night every few days, question is, will I be able to listen to someone else talking to me, and me having to listen to every word she says? My mind is so active, even when I was studying I never could concentrate. I was always thinking about my next move whether it be what is for dinner, or what will I wear tomorrow, or more in depth words whizzing through my world of Fifi land.

 

Still came out with A’s though. Hahaha. Same as Teen he hated lessons, but got great results. Could have done much better if only he could focus, but he has my brain, it was funny during dinner tonight, Teen said something, and as he said this thing, both him and I thought about the same thing at the same time exactly. Now some would say this is normal as he has my genes but this subject was something that no one I know no one would have ever thought about at the same time like we did.  We do this a lot Teen and myself. He even notices it. We just seem to click.

 

Gosh, he had to write an email to someone before for another person. You should have heard the English he used? I know when he applies for jobs he shocks me just how smart he is, but this email was as if Hub had written it. Teen has had a good role model in Hub that is for sure. Though his Dad has not helped him much with his homework over the years, I can count on two hands how many times he has helped him. Teen is very independent and whenever Hub offered to help him, he always said he was OK. Though it was Hub who teen came to if he had any work he needed help with.

 

He is up again tomorrow at half five. It’s eleven in the evening and he isn’t home again. He is for sure burning his candle at both ends.

 

Not sure about hubs day he was really tired when he got in so I didn’t ask him, but I know that LF was full of himself and today he met with his trainer. LF’s trainer. Apparently he went mad when he saw her. He was a year when he was trained and was with her for four months. So a year and a half ago but still remembered her and out came the paw and his little ways kicked in to show off to her.

 

A strange day, a very odd phone call and some kind words from true friends who are my family. I love them. And some great news Hub and I are off in a couple of weeks to see our besties. My friend Julie also is a Grandma again. Her new baby has a very lovely name but, thing is, they are shortening it and the ending of the name is the same as the surname. So it sounds really well, different, if not comical, and it’s a shame because the name if left alone is lovely. I hope she will be visiting us soon too. She lives about two hours on the train from us.

 

Hub is playing the piano at church soon as well.

 

I don’t know what is wrong with me tonight, I’m starving. I wonder if it’s because it’s so cold? I just want four slices of white toast. With lovely butter on… Firstly I don’t have white bread and secondly I don’t buy butter. I buy in my opinion the best spread called clover. It’s delicious.

 

Gosh you know in the UK we have fireworks on the 5th of November? Well Teen was looking at the price of a display and it’s for the two of them too. He asked me to guess how much? I thought of the last one I went to some years ago. It was £7 each. So I added on some money and said twenty for both. He replied. No Mum, it’s £30

What? That is a rip off. It’s so dangerous to have them at home, though loads do, causing extra work for not only fireman, ambulances and councils, but hospitals and so on. So why not make it so that the places are less money so people can afford to go, rather than buying some dodgy displays from China for their front garden?

 

As for Halloween, Teen and Shamrock are going to a fright night. Oh my word. I will tell you about that later on. You will be terrified when you hear what goes on. But even for that, it’s £40 for the two of them. No food by the way. Whatever happened to ducky apple and a witches hat with a bit of glue and some sticky paper? Haha.

 

Other countries who joined us today apart from the ten I mentioned before are, Pakistan, Norway, Jersey, Hungary, Portugal, Island and France.  

 

Until tomorrow with love. If it’s night time wherever you are, some words before I go.

“I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night””

Sarah Williams

“The darker the night, the brighter the stars. The deeper the grief, the closer is God.””

Dostoyevsky

“The night is the hardest time to be alive, and 4 am knows all my secrets

Poppy Z Bright

“We have the night so the day can be allowed to rest.””

Fiona Cummings (SMILE) Nighty night. X

No comments: