translate

Saturday 29 October 2016

DIARY OF THE SPOOKY MUD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Yesterday Wagga was in the dog house. She was a naughty little Wagging one. Teen took her in the car to the riverside for a lovely walk then because I was ill, he kindly went to the shop to buy a cooked chicken for dinner. Well, all very well until on the last leg of the walk, Waggs decided a muddy puddle was worth a wonder through, then because it felt so good on her legs, she took it upon herself to bask in the mud bath!

 

Teen with his youth didn’t think and took her back to the car, no towel. She lay on the floor in the front of the car. He went to the shop and on his return, peering out from the window, was a not so wonderful wagging one with a big smile right across her dirty filthy face, full of mischief.

 

All over his seat was mud and right up the side of his door.

 

Well, bless him, he has pride in his car, so I offered to pay for a car wash from the guys at the local car wash, only trouble is, they don’t speak English, so when Teen told them what he needed, after trying to wash away the mud and failing, telling them he just wanted the front of the inside of the car done, inside, they proceeded to wash the outside. He said no no, and repeated where he want’s washing.

 

Well first he was told £50 but he was   confused by this as it said on the board £45 was the most expensive deal they had. Then a man told him £20. But Teen told them after they finished, he asked for the mud to be removed. You would think it would be obvious? They then told him it would be another £5 to do that. On top of the £20. Confused? Teen was, and obviously, the car wash men were too. So, Teen paid the £25 and then another man brought him £7 change. Hahaha. Long and short of it is, it cost me £18. The most expensive dog walk I have paid for. Haha.

 

That was yesterday. Today was today. I decided to leave Wagga as we headed off to our friend’s house. We were to go in our town, to the train station, where Waggatail just will not work. And she still stunk from yesterday’s naughtiness, so I asked Teen as he was off work, if he fancied babysitting Waggatail? He said yes to my delight, though I hate leaving her but because she won’t work where it’s busy, she would be coming as a pet. Little Fella all suited and booted ready with harness to go with a big smile I’m sure telling, teasing the Wagster. “I’m going because I’m the golden guy who just gets on with work…. You’re staying at home… In, bed, bad girl!!!””

 

So, my faithful white cane. I didn’t like leaving her but really, though she was washed and sprayed, she still stunk and we were going to our dearest friend’s house.

 

The train journey was packed. Hardly room to breathe. But our lovely Hanz picked us up and on our way for a fantastic visit. Oh, and the best most delicious lunch from the best Fish & Chip shop ever. I had a vegetarian option with my chips and I think I was feeding my cold today as I could have eaten for Britain. Well, I think I did, which is so unlike me of late my eating has been so little. I have not been able to face food for weeks, I serve my evening meal and only can eat half each time. I made up for it today.   

 

Teen called me Half way through the day to tell me of Wagga’s wonderful time. Shamrock and him took her for a walk along the (Dunnnnn’nnnnn dunn’nn dunnnn’nnnn?)

Riverside….

All I heard teen tell me over the phone was. “Mum. She, can’t, swim.””

Oh, heck? Son? No? Why?

 

Well after that, they took her back home and Shamrock hosed her down Teen dried her off and they left her

 in my lounge,

 with my new rug.

 And new sofa cushions. But thankfully as they were about to leave the door, Wagga cried. Pitifully. So, they put her in the car and took her for lunch. Hahahahaha.

 

I’m not joking either. They ate outside and the lady brought the wagging one a blooming plate of chicken? I turned to Hub and said. Oh, no, heck I hope the one thing that Waggatail does so very well. Lays under the table so good in restaurants, hasn’t now been spoiled with the prospect of a plate of chicken? Teen said it wasn’t just chicken chicken, but it was chicken breast.

Needless to say, Wagga had a fantastic day then the kids went to pick their own pumpkin and you should see the size of it? Teen said they got the biggest one. Pumpkin soup on it’s way…

No comments: