translate

Friday 14 October 2016

DIARY OF THE WEEKEND AND BEYOND BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A frustrating day so far, but Hub home soon for the weekend so what more should I wish for? Now where is my list? Haha, well one wish apart from no man ever kills another animal, would be to see. That is why my frustration today. Such simple things today I have been faced with huge challenges. But jog on. And this couldn’t have come at a better time, I read this today and I thought it was really funny.

“Life’s expectancy would grow leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.”

I agree, and taste as good, but vegetarian bacon of course…

 

Teen home in a couple of hours from work. He got up from his bed at two this morning to quotes, make himself something to eat. At three I still heard him walking around and he was to be up for work at half five. So he gets in and he is getting changed going straight to the gym for two hours. and yesterday he told me he pushed 48 stone on his legs. My goodness, he will get a hernia. He can’t understand why I’m not excited and proud of him. I am proud that he goes to the gym. Not proud he does weight lifting. He just doesn’t get it. Then he will come home, eat shower and get changed to meet up with Shamrock as she is treating him today or tonight, it will be nine by the time she finishes work. Then they are going out I guess for another meal. For his lunch he has just eaten a full pack of pasta… I don’t understand how he is so very slim. I’m glad he is though, when I say slim, his legs are solid but huge but the rest of him is really sporty slim.

 

Dogs are going for a free run tomorrow and at some point this weekend Hub and I are hoping to go out somewhere. The place we hope to go to we have never been before just the two of us. I’m terrified but will act on the day. Just glad I have written my will. Haha.

 

Hub and I wrote our will some weeks ago it’s so important as I have learned from friends who have lost their parents how difficult it is if there has not been a will left even if like teen they are the only children. Its best to get it done now whilst we are youngish, rather than when we are old. But let’s get positive, we will be fine…. Honest…. If we had our classic combination of me with my white cane and our old gal Hubs Suki/Long Chops, I would be fine, LF is so safe but runs everywhere so it’s so hard for me to keep up. I’m so slow with my cane. Will I take Wagga? I would love to, and I  may still, but we have to go across really busy roads and she freaks out at the sound and sight of cars. As I have said before she is a country bumpkin.

 

I’m going to have a big tidy up and get things put away this weekend that has been waiting too long to do. Empty boxes and fill more than a trip to the loft for Hub as well as sorting out the garage. I hate that job. In my house I know where things are but in the garage it’s impossible. Things just get put in there dumped and it’s not a nice place to feel about. Scratchy walls and nasty dust. I just can’t deal with it. Nothing makes sense in there. And Hub can’t cope if I move a coffee table so goodness help us? But it has to be done, also I’m thinking about doing some drilling… So we may get an extension. Well, rooms may open up shall I say… I need to put our small freezer in a cupboard. Hub will kill me and I don’t know how to use the drill hahahah so with that combination, it will be an interesting weekend. Then on Monday, Teen is off with Shamrock overnight to what I call the pits of the UK why? Why is he going or why do I call it the pits? Well, It is Shamrocks kind of break and Teen says he will enjoy it… Though I’m not convinced. But he will like being with his love. Oh my God, he mentioned the M word today… NoNoNononononono too early Son.

 

And why do I call it the pits? Well, sadly it’s just so reminiscing of times gone by and very odd memories as well as it’s not what I would call classy, but this place has to be visited I guess, especially at this time of year.

They will laugh I’m sure when they go, and that is the main thing. Then he is back to long hours at work. He’s doing about 45 hours per week now. And Shamrock is doing more. She is only seventeen so a lot of hours for a young girl.

 

Well there is chicken out to cook for dinner I think I will have a cheat night and do savoury rice. Yesterdays meal was different. I cooked the boys fish with vegetables and mash potato with onion red pepper and I grated cheese into it then put it in the oven cracking a couple of eggs on the top, well in little golf holes.

 

Whatever you are up to this weekend, whether it be fun, work, or just chilling, make sure you end the day feeling better than you hoped for. I will come back later with another subject but first I have to study or research the subject and before that, I have my name right across a duster. It’s my calling. X

No comments: