translate

Thursday 13 October 2016

MY DIAMOND FROM AFRICA BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MY DIAMOND FROM AFRICA

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

From another part of the world

I read such beautiful words to be told

Things I never knew

All about you

Your stunning part of the land

That has threats from man

But still you paint the sun

And write about the fun

As well as telling me what I need to learn

Stories from a far

About others scars

Reality which can burn

Hurt my soul and mind

Some people have a life so unkind

You write about the monkeys

So they to some are naughty

Full of mischief

But to me are such cuties

Through your words I imagine the sunbird

And from your window

Sweet sounds can be heard

Juicy stems of yellow

As the birds drink nectar

Life can for some, be mellow

And others, time they borrow

But you my dear

Have lived an intriguing life

Even something simple

Like how you became a wife

Your words full of wisdom

You calm me if I have a problem

Even if you don’t have the ability to solve them

After you put pen to paper

Life just seams safer

So my diamond from Africa

I want to thank you

For taking time out

To write words so true

And wish the best dreams to head towards you

When life gets tough

And I’m feeling rough

I open your letter

And start to feel better

So we share the same sun

Together our star’s shine

And our rain dances

On your Morning Glory

And my roses

We are separated by time

But at one in our heart

Our souls will never part

Skies for miles

Life’s trials

Years between us

In age

But we are not on the stage

This is real

You know how I feel

To your words I’m grateful

Your writing is beautiful

I wish we lived closer to each other

But because you are there

Through your words I can discover

And your kindness you share

To feel near to you

I look to the moon

I see it too

P.S, write soon

 

© Fiona Cummings
To Louise with love

No comments: