translate

Monday 24 October 2016

DIARY OF DINNER UNDER THE RAINBOW BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I have just come off the phone to the hospital where I was to go today for my eyes checked. I was on hold for fifty minutes. Whilst I was on hold, I was given a recorded message of an on line booking form where by I can cancel my appointment. This appointment wasn’t meant to happen. The first one by the time we got it read as it was in print, it was two days over the appointment. Second one came, again in print and we read it and I asked my Son if he could take me it was impossible due to work so I asked my neighbour who is great and she said she could. Then she said she had to take her daughter to our local train station at the same time I was due to be well on our way to the hospital as it’s forty-five minutes away. By car. So I said it was OK she didn’t have to take me, I hate with a capital H, asking for help. But she said it would be alright I felt bad like I was in the way of her plan. Anyway, bless her she still said it was OK. But this morning, she texts to say that she had really bad tooth ache she has had for a couple of weeks now and she had been up all night. The only way she could do what she needed to do was drive me all the way there so I would be a couple of hours early before my time then drive all the way back home to take her daughter to the train station ten minutes away from home, then all the way back it would be crazy and she has had no sleep. So I said it was OK. Then I tried to phone the hospital to let them know I can’t come. Fifty minutes later I was spoken to by a human. In the meanwhile, I was given a message to tell me to go on line to cancel my appointment so I had the address to do that. Talking with the lady trying to cancel my appointment. where eventually she found the section where by she could arrange to send me Braille, we had to go through every disability first though, I have been told but not reassured that I will be sent all correspondence in Braille. No good to me but Hub will be able to read it.  She also told me next time I cancelled I would be struck off and referred to my GP. God help me?  I would never get an appointment then, and they wouldn’t have a clue what to do about my eyes.

 

Anyway I thought I would give the form a go and fill it in. Again, I got to the bottom of it only being able to fill in half as I didn’t know the name of my consultant, it’s in print… Or my NHS number, at least when, if, it comes in Braille, it will be there Hub will read it and I will be able to write it down on my computer and file it. Well, got to the bottom of the form, guess what? My Bloggets who are V.I. P’s will know the answer? It asked for a verification code. And the code was not in print, but in some kind of inaccessible picture so no way I could do it and there was no audio option. Shocking.  So now I will wait. And hope that the Braille will come before my appointment as this is another problem. It takes twice as long to receive your information in Braille than it does in print. And companies don’t make allowances for this.

 

So next time we must go, though I have a feeling it will be into the new year for sure. As I was told that the waiting list is from April. Well if you may remember I was meant to see the consultant last year, but they forgot about me… I wonder if it’s me? So I requested another appointment when I was seeing my GP months ago and this is the result. I guess it’s not my time to be seen. Next time Hub and I will go on the train. It will take us almost two hours each way, but at least we will get there and I know I will come away wondering why? But it’s so important for me to get seen for loads of reasons.

 

Hopefully my neighbour will get her tooth sorted out, there is nothing worse that that pain.  Thank goodness my teeth are fine and I never really have bother. From my neck up I only have eye pain so this I am used to and it’s not every day. I think my head is the only place that doesn’t hurt right now.  

 

Teen has just left for work. I can tell you he is getting fed up with the place now. They work him ten hours per day, he comes home for half an hour break, well, no, twenty minutes as he has only half an hour and driving time takes up the rest of the half hour break. I can’t see him there this time next year. He likes it, but he needs more money and less hours. He wants a job where he knows when he is working like a nine to five job five days a week. Not a job where he is in some days six in the morning and some nights not home till almost nine. Some days he works for seven days in a row one time he did ten. And between eight and ten hours too.

 

Whilst I was on hold on the phone this morning, I decided to play a silly game, asking things like where should I live? And who is my soul mate? The answers were ridiculous. I should live in Budapest and I have never been there and I’m not sure I have any desire to do so, not that I know anything about it and my soul mate was someone who I really don’t even really talk with? Oh my pet name should be? Wait for it? I mean, this really took an imagination, “Strong lady.”” Hehehehehe. Really? Gosh, the way I am feeling right now, I couldn’t even lift a handkerchief. As for my mind being strong?  No.

 

This is day one of me not eating bread. I really don’t fancy my chances. But I have learned that eating bread is bad for your liver and as apparently I have some kind of liver damage, then here goes… If my kidneys were coming back as worrying I would understand as I don’t drink near enough water, but my liver was a shock as I said I don’t drink alcohol, but as I have also said, a bad diet being humungous is also bad for the liver. I never knew how important the liver was I’m always slow at learning about the bodies anatomy.

 

So, what is in our news today? A baker in Ireland have lost their appeal over a gay couple wanting them to make them a wedding cake and the bakers refusing as they are Christians and didn’t believe that gay people should marry.

 

I wonder what will happen now? Will the bakers be forced into making that cake? Haha, I doubt it, who would want to eat it, if they did?

 

 To be honest, I have tried to avoid all news of late as I find it truly awful, but today really confirmed just how bad it is. There is talk of within forty years us living in domes in space and I am sure one day that will have to happen, when we have totally destroyed this beautiful earth we have spoiled, but I think forty years will be too early to be living there. I suspect though within fifty years we will have ended all life on earth by then as humans, we just do not know how to live in peace and we are full of anger and diseased minds.

 

What a perfect life we would have if there was no violence, no war, killing at all and everywhere was safe? And why can’t we have this? I really don’t know that answer but even our Governments can’t live in peace, if they are not involved someway somewhere in wars, they are not happy. I wish I knew that I could send my Son out on his way holiday or work and know that he will be 100% safe from man.

 

One day earth will be dust and then we will spoil space just like I believe we spoiled the last planet we came from, leaving us earth to live on. A beautiful unspoiled land, a new start but sadly had to be inhabited by humans as we call ourselves. That is my religious belief. Who made us in the beginning? We will never know that answer, but I don’t think or believe that we were meant to be on this place we call earth. Rather than the Bible and other religious books, I wish we had some kind of readings that told us to care for what we have or we will lose it, but even then, would we listen? Do we really learn from our past mistakes? As humans we don’t. After this life, do we really go to another land? I hope so? But I hope it’s a land where we take all of our mistakes and perfect it for the next place. Where there is a huge rainbow of all colours, which leads to a pot of gold, meaning the pot is the colour of gold whereby we go to reflect on our past and pray to welcome those who we love who will join us

 

Where rain drops are gentle and sunsets are more exquisite than we can even imagine and snow belongs on the mountains all year around for skiers to enjoy their sport. Where anger is a motion no one knows. We remember the word, but can’t even for a second think how it felt. Where there is no such thing as grief, sadness, total poverty or pain. Greed is what we left behind and kindness is in every breath we take. As for the air, it’s totally clean, pure and there are no vehicles or factories like on earth, to pollute the world we have found ourselves in because on that land, there is a new clean power, perhaps who is our maker. Have I described heaven? If so, I want to believe that is where I am going next, but not for a long time please? Smile.

 

Ghosh a long day in the kitchen today. Cooking with my stupid hob and tiny oven. Really I wish we could rip it out and get a free standing one but we can’t as that would mean changing the kitchen and our next house will have a better kitchen. One that isn’t falling to bits like this one. On the surface it’s fine modern some would say, but those words won’t be mine. The last owner put the kitchen in and now all the super glue is starting to relax. I mean, who would put an extractor fan in that didn’t go outside? The air blows around the kitchen as for the light under it? Good job I don’t need it as the bulb kept going every three to five weeks because he also did all of his electrics. I have given up with the front hall and outside lamp as I must change the bulbs in there six times per year even the electrician has had a look paying him twice with no answer.

 

Dinner tonight for the family is turkey, stuffing, turnip, roast potatoes mushy peas and Yorkshire puddings. I will have the dinner without the meat it will be lovely, but took two hours to make and will take ten minutes to eat. Soul destroying dot com.

 

OK, on that note, I will dash for now and talk later. X

No comments: