translate

Wednesday 31 May 2017

THE TOOTHPASTE FAIRY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good morning dear Bloggets. It’s sunny and the sound of blackbirds singing their breakfast tunes mixed with the noises from my kitchen of screwdrivers and sores? Work getting done this is good. It means progress. Now my Waggatail has brought me her noisiest toy, the sounds of Spring, in my house.

As today is the last day of spring in the UK, meteorologically speaking. we have had cooling’s of the water in the equatorial pacific, smile, basically there are wide changes in our weather. That is called La Niña. Origin? Spanish meaning the girl child. It’s been a real mix of weather this spring, we have had a tiny bit of snow, lots of rain over a short time, just before we were into a drought and we have also had the hottest day of the year so far. Last week it reached 28° and yesterday, 11°
No wonder people are getting colds.

My friends Mum came yesterday with a beautiful hanging basket for me. She took mine last year and said she would fill it and fill it she has. Bless her She wouldn’t take any money either and I hate that. I feel really uncomfortable. So, I will buy her a bunch of nice flowers. It was funny as she said she was going to the garden centre and I asked her to get me a rose, I handed her the money for it but she said that she would take me. Great, even better. It’s for a pot I have at my front door. I said to her it’s a mess. Well I had to laugh as she turned it round and said, no it’s just the sticky label that has been on when you bought it. Haha. I said, no, I meant the soil…
She then tried to move my stuff in the garden I said no stop, please leave it. Our front garden is all we have left where we know where anything is right now. Seriously, last night you should have seen me ironing? When my Mum was ill I used to iron for her she hated watching me and used to look through her fingers I’m not quite sure what she thought she could do if I was about to burn myself, so why she didn’t just go in another room? She used to say she can’t bear watching me iron knowing I’m blind. Well, who else was going to iron her and my Dads clothes and moreover mine and my ex’s?

Last night I had to lean over a box. A huge box, no, hang on, a huu’uu’uuge, box. To get to my ironing board. This is after I had to look for the plug which was buried and squeezed between two smaller boxes. I had 12 inches to iron as there were clothes at either side of the board. It was lethal. There was nowhere to put the iron when I was trying to place my Husbands shirt on to iron different parts. Okay, move the clothes? Where? I guess I could have put them on the bed in our room, that is the only place without anything on it. Then move them back. Haha, lazy Fi. Goodness knows what his shirt looks like for work today.

As soon as the shelves are put in my cupboards, I will be able to start to empty the boxes. I can’t wait, our landing where my ironing board sadly has a permanent place, is surrounded by boxes. Put them in your bedrooms I hear you say. I would, if I could, but they are full of well, boxes.

Now then, some spooky things have been going on of late in the Fifi household. Firstly, for two weeks, my Husband has been smelling smoke. Not from a log fire, but a cigarette. I couldn’t smell it. He kept insisting I must be able to. I said no, not at all. Then the other day, wow, gosh, I was eating a sandwich, When I smelt the strongest smell of smoke. When I turned to the left to get away from it, it was less of a smell but then when I looked slightly to the right, it hit me so badly I started to cough. I shouted for Hub. He came in he couldn’t smell anything. I said it’s my Mum. He said no it’s a man’s cigarette. I replied, my Mum used to smoke King sized cigarettes. Just like that smell. The times our Mums visit us, is when something awful is about to happen. Only once when we both together knew Hubs Mum was in the office where we were working, was when Hub was in between jobs and was worrying himself sick how we were going to manage. I walked to my Husband and together we knew our Mum was there. Straight away, we felt peace. I said to him it’s going to be fine. Your Mum is telling us. It was just a message I felt. Normally I never get the messages until it’s too late, she sadly slowly went away, and the next day he learned he had the job he applied for. The next twice she visited was to take our two dogs. As for my Mum, I haven’t felt her presence for so long. What s she trying to tell me? I wish I knew. I pray it’s not bad news. I hope it is just to say she’s watching out for us but it’s odd that she was with Hub for two weeks every couple of days. Me, only once

this is really odd. A brand new toothpaste from our ensuite cupboard has gone missing. I thought Boy Wonder took it. But then I remembered he had two in his bathroom. I asked him when he came in from work, he said no Mum, have you took ours? I said what? He said I had two toothpastes in the cup and now they are not there, but I found one in my soap bag when I went for my shaver that wasn’t there before. I said could it be ours? He said how? If you didn’t put it there, I certainly wouldn’t. What on earth is all that about? I asked him to look saying two couldn’t have gone missing. He said he has looked everywhere. As have we. Why would anyone want to take toothpaste? Gosh, just had a thought as I’m writing this. Remember all that bother Hub had with his tooth? He should have gone back as he still must have the infection and remember if spreads, it can be dangerous so much it can kill you. Well he isn’t in pain so he won’t go. I’m not surprised after all he went through with our really bad dentists. I can’t trust them as far as they can walk. But I wonder if my Mum is trying to tell him to go? Oh, I’m going to tell him, thing is, he hates anything to do with spirit or Psychic people. He believes in it all, but doesn’t want to. Same here, it’s not a gift

My eyes are odd today, my left eye feels really heavy. My right eye as if I have a cut in it. Since I had my cataract operation, I do feel as if my eyes are cut. I can even feel air in one of them at a time, oddly not both together.

I have written before about when I was going up in the lift for my operation. Just walking it was really strange. I had tears in my eyes. I was terrified. The prospect of being awake during surgery really filled me with fear. An old man with a walking stick placed his stick in his other hand to place one hand on my shoulder and he said. “You will be alright dear. I had one eye done last year, and now for my second. Wait to see how much difference it will make to your sight.””
Well that did it. It made me worse I started to cry like a baby. How embarrassing. I said. That’s the problem, I’m going for this operation and I will still be blind. Haha. Gosh what a wimp I was. I’m terrified of hospitals and Doctors even at our local GP. Especially when you get over forty, everything starts to go wrong. I had two major operations one when I was 41 and the other 42. I only was reunited with Hub when is as 41. Poor man, what had he let himself in for? I have never been right since. The first operation was barbaric and second thanks to kindness I went private and he saved my life.

Well I keep putting short sleeves on as it should be warm. But I’m so cold I’m going to put a long sleeved jumper on. This is crazy. It’s almost June.

Wherever you are right now, I hope you feel better than you hoped for. I will talk tomorrow. With love. X


No comments: