translate

Saturday 27 May 2017

MANCHESTER BLUE VISION BY FIONA CUMMINGS

MANCHESTER BLUE VISION
BY FIONA CUMMINGS
In the clouds, I see your face
Inside my heart is your place
I thought I would know you forever
But you were taken from me
Far too early
Without a chance, to say goodbye
Leaving me in agony, burning tears I cry
We can’t have the last dance, we can’t sing in harmony
My riches have turned to poverty
It’s all gone wrong
The words to our song
Always by my side
There is nowhere to hide
Nowhere to run
I just want the door to open
Your words no longer are spoken
Can this all be a nightmare?
I want to wake up and see you there
Without a care
Not known what I have been through
Beautiful eyes so blue
Hair so fair
Life is so cruel
So, young, not long left school
A lifetime ahead of you
So many dreams waiting for you
But sadly, you had to go away
I just want to hold you one more time
Hold onto you, till the end of time
That mountain we had to climb
That lake was ours to find
But we were given, a rough deal
We wanted to visit that new restaurant
Just a meal
Please come back let’s try that place?
Let me see that smile again
Please remove this pain
You were always giving
You had so much living
To do
If only I could say one more time
I love you
You were taken far too early
Didn’t even have chance to raise a family
Wherever you are right now
I hope you can hear me
And we can meet again soon
When how?
I wish I knew the answer
As I don’t know how I can carry on
The people of Manchester
Have been amazing
For them I’m so grateful
I tell them about you
How you were so beautiful
They listen
As my eyes glisten
But their time is important I don’t want to bother them
I want to talk to you
Please tell me if it’s possible
And if so when?
So much I have to say
But my words are beating against the wall
Echoing as my voice cracks as your name I call
I wish you would answer
Just one more time
My darling for you I pine
© Fiona Cummings

No comments: