translate

Friday 26 May 2017

LAUGHS AND LOURDES BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Nepal, India, Egypt, Chechia, Denmark, South Africa, Australia, Germany, US and UK are the countries who are in the top ten today viewing this blog page. So, what can I say to put a smile upon your faces for the weekend? Well, apart from my electrician coming yesterday to try to fix our washing machine, I told him he was my hero. He replied, I lost my cape along the way. To which I replied? Sorry? How what? He laughed.
I didn’t.
I was really concerned he had lost something, but I just didn’t catch what? Then when he repeated himself, I got it…. Just. I still can’t get used to the accent around here. Not sure how long I will have to live here before I do become a local. I doubt very much I will develop the accent my Geordie is too strong. You would hope I would speak without an accent after all the travel I have done in my life.

My Husbands accent is very nice quite posh but not silver spoon posh. When I hear silver spoon posh, I don’t want to talk with that person. Rightly or wrongly. But I like people to talk properly.

My iron has just arrived, how exciting.
Not
Well it’s good though as we were quite desperate. I should be filling my new washing machine up. I will I just can’t face ironing and there is nowhere to put anything with all the things we have waiting to be cupboarded. Back to my washing machine, our electrician didn’t know what to do so between a text to my joiner and Hub’s Plumbing skills, we fixed it. I swear plumbing would be my Husbands trade if he could see.

If we could see, what would we be like now? Who would we be? I’m sure I would not be me. Haha. No comments please naughty bloggets!

I had no ambition at all as a child sadly. But if I could see, life education attitude would have been so different.

I would have had the same parents, though my Mum was sure that I was meant to go to her and she was a wonderful Mum considering we didn’t share blood. She said no other Mother would have gone through the stress she did. Cheers Mum…
I know what she means though. She so badly wanted me to have sight. She was promised help from I was only six and from then on, it was her life’s job to get me it, hence Russia and before that Italy and Lourdes.

My Husband also went to Lourdes and sadly he hated it. He was a lot older than me I think he was seven. I was four. It was winter and the Nuns broke the ice off the bath to dip me in. As I have written before, God for sure heard me screaming. I was simply terrified. Two elderly people, to me, a tiny child, I couldn’t distinguish lady or man. As they had no hair or make up, jewellery or soft voices. Their voices were deep. Their skin paper bag like. Brownish and crinkly. No beauty treatments going on there.

Surrounded in black they were very scary.

The water was so cold, I thought they were going to drown me. Like everything in my medical life, nothing was explained to me.

They dipped me in held me and all around me was grey stone as the bath was floor level. I was naked and though only four, felt humiliated though of course that motion wasn’t in my vocabulary then. I just had that fizzy sinking uncomfortable feeling.

Afterwards a Nun spoke to my soul and words too, to my Mum that I will never forget.

I read that there has been 69 miracles of Lourdes. The last one was a lady who was riddled with cancer. After being emerged in the bath, she felt an amazing feeling and since then, she has been cured of all of her cancers. Wow. Well, again I have written what happened to me after Lourdes in the past, so I won’t bore you, but sadly it didn’t do my Husband any good, but perhaps because he wasn’t open minded about it, mind you, how does a child of such an age become open minded about such matters?

Well more work I have done today in my kitchen trying to make good of it all. We have to clear our conservatory for Monday as that is when the big paint job is getting done and I hope more work in my kitchen from our lovely joiner then one week afterwards, our work tops get fitted. At last, the 5th of June our kitchen will be all done. It started on the 11th of April so by the time it’s finished eight weeks.

Did you hear about the Italian chef who died?
He pasta way.
We cannoli do so much.
His legacy will become a pizza history.
why is the chef so mean?
She beats the eggs and whips the cream.
Hahaha, poetry or what?

Have a lovely weekend and remember to find peace in your heart. Whoever you are wherever you are living right now, there is someone out there who loves and needs you. You just haven’t found them yet. Your life can change around a corner. Xxx











No comments: