translate

Saturday 27 May 2017

A CROWD OF ANGELS BY FIONA CUMMINGS

A CROUD OF ANGELS
BY FIONA CUMMINGS
You wanted to go so badly
You said you are grown up now don’t need your Daddy
Out for the first time on your own
I heard the news
Rang your phone
No answer
My little dancer
You must have dropped your mobile
You ran to a safe place
I begged to see your smile
Your beautiful face
I hadn’t heard from the Police
So, you must be coming home
I had that last thread to hang onto at least
Though I still went into panic zone
Family tried to calm me down
As I wanted to run to follow the ground
Your last steps before you got to safety
I needed answers badly
As the hours went by
No more tears to cry
My heart stopped so many times
As the clock continued to chime
If only I could turn back time
Hours when you were still hand in hand with mine
You looked so beautiful
Full of hope and sunshine
Then the knock at my door
As I heard the news I fell to the floor
No one mattered
My world was shattered
Suffering so badly
As is your Daddy
I can’t comfort him at all
I want you to call
Tell me it’s been a mistake
But they were sure it was you
I don’t want this to be true
My sweet little girl
Wings you now have
In another world
I will never see you again
I don’t think I can carry on with life
I want you to come back please
On my knees
I beg
How do I tell your brother?
Your blood is on the hands of another
How can I find words to explain?
When I am in such pain
Where can I get the strength from to be there for him
Poison rushing through my veins
I can’t go on
I’m not strong
You were my first child
This wasn’t meant to happen
I hope you’re in heaven
Dancing on the stars
I look up and hope you are not too far
You didn’t even get chance to drive your car
Or finish school
You meant so much to me
And I lost you because of someone so cruel
My heart is broken
I’m choking
They want me to plant a rose in your name
But nothing matters any more
I wish I could turn back time
And pick myself up from the floor
They stole you, didn’t they know you were mine?
I hear your little brother cry by your bedroom door
Your Daddy won’t come home
I still listen for the phone
To say they, got it wrong
But it doesn’t ring
I simply can’t, go on
I hope you found your wings
Upon your head is your crown
Be happy my little girl
Sing if you are ever down
You are now one of 22 angels
Taken from a crowd
Sing loud
Know you make me proud
© Fiona Cummings

No comments: