translate

Thursday 4 May 2017

DIARY OF PAINTING ON SMILES BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Another two parter to my blog. I’m off now to buy paint. What colour? Good question. I have never ever struggled with colours before, something my love goes into panic mode about. He said the other day, it doesn’t make him feel as bad as he used to before we met, but he still goes into a slight panic when colours are spoken about. I think it could have something to do with the fact that he has never seen so coloursShmolours.
Well, cream tiled effect wood flooring, cream kitchen units, so walls? I wanted very light blue, but a nice blue. There are so many blues, it’s mind blowing. Paint designers, whoever picks the colours of your paints, in fact everything now from paint to lip sticks, please remember we want to buy your products, but as I have said before the names you give them, do not make any sense to those who can’t see or whom are colour blind.

I need a colour that will match with my conservatory.
I have a lot of green plant pots in there and a few green ornaments as well as a green cushion on my brown leather sofa. So, can’t do blue now. Unless I have the two rooms a different colour. And I think that will look awful. Why? Because there is a big sliding door that goes into the conservatory. So, from the kitchen you can see a lot of wall in there and it runs in line with my kitchen. So now a colour that will go with green and brown? I don’t want cream, too much of that not only in the kitchen but all over the house. So, next choice? As old Bloggets will know I have red all over and I’m now sick of it. So, choice, it was going to be kind of what I would call a strong tea, as in cup of tea with a little milk. This is the only way I know how to describe it. And that would look lovely, I still may go for that colour. If they know in the shop what on earth I’m talking about?

The other choice, is, and this won’t be a popular Blogget choice, is, wait for it? Very light soft orange. As light as I can get. It will look lovely with creams, dark greens and brown. It will be warm too. And I can get a bright orange cushion for my sofa. So, off I go, wish me luck, and I have to remember to get gloss and emulsion too. How much? Oh heck.

Hub left for work hours ago, at six something. BW working, then, he is off to do something I’m not too impressed with, more on that later. X




No comments: