translate

Wednesday 24 May 2017

DIARY OF ALWAYS BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Here I am again oh the sun is lovely out there, but I’m in waiting for a man. Haha. Seriously, someone is coming to measure, and not for me for the box, though I did wonder this time last week if that was going to be the case, he is coming to measure our new work tops, well the space to fit them. Thank goodness, the young lad turned up today with the joiner and hopefully they will get so much done. I also pray they take the rubbish from the back garden. I wish our joiner was working here this week as then it would all be finished totally by the weekend. Why drag on to next week? Hub was so fed up when I told him. At lease, we have an oven now. And a sink. I may try to tackle my lovely sofa in the conservatory tonight. It’s been used as a dumping station. I wonder if I will ever get it clean again? Thankfully it’s leather as if it was material, well, it would have been fit for the bin now. When the first lot of dodgy builders came, they were putting concrete on it. I was removing stones from it, then tools have been placed on top of it. And then there are all of our bags and just thick dust.

We are walking on top of broken boxes on our floor in the kitchen. It’s fine. Just messy. And you have to be careful that you don’t trip up if one comes loose. My poor dogs have been so restricted in the garden it’s too dangerous out there especially after LF was found in his bed with a lump of wood in his mouth.

Our friend asked us last night if we were going on a holiday this year. I said no, I didn’t say not this or next or even the year after. BW keeps asking if we want to go with him and Shamrock somewhere. No. Not for ages. Our kitchen is our holiday. Heck. I need one after it? I’m not going to get a tan in there, am I? Mind you, wait until I get that gas going?

Talking of holidays, I thought it was so lovely last night as I went to our emails and discovered an email from the wonderful kind people from the South of France who contacted us to ask if we were OK after the dreadful massacre which occurred in the north of England a couple of days ago. After what France has been through, I was so touched. This couple are true angels, I did feel so very sad though that we won’t ever see these people or their house again an yet they gave us such a perfect holiday. I will never forget. Probably the last holiday our Son will ever have with us alone. I would guess next one will be with his girlfriend, wife or child. Gosh, I hope in that order.

My Husband has gone to work in a clean shirt today as always, but it’s so not ironed as well as I like, I was just too tired last night. My ironing board is in a right mess I need a new one, but I think I will try to make do with what I have got. Everything is so crushed all over our house. It’s in a worse state than when we first moved in here. I have to learn the washing machine tonight then the dryer. I put the new oven on to warm something up last night and wow, it’s amazing. I’m going to love that. And to have something that I can control, is wonderful. I even like the sound of it as it starts. I said to Hub, it’s like a bus… haha. He was a bit like what? But I mean it’s so powerful. Our last oven was as if a fly was breathing.

The walk last night to our local restaurant was nice, just to get out. It was a warm evening going but coming back was much cooler. Windy even. Waggatail worked so well. LF kept having a sit whilst I caught up to Him and Hub, as they are like Jack Flash, whoever he was, I just know he went fast. Smile.

LF sits for a while, a few seconds until I am in earshot then off they run again. I’m not slow, just they are ridiculously fast. There is about forty steps between us.

I have just had the phone call to say that the man is on his way so I best go for now, gosh he sounded very efficient. I feel as if I’m going to take an exam. Why? Not sure a lot of money rests on this man. If it goes wrong, we have to pay a fortune for him to call out again. I think it’s a bit of a shock considering how much money we are going to pay for his work tops. The list is so strict. I hope the guys have removed the baby sink we have in there at the moment. I have no internet so I think the electric has been switched off. Why? Not sure. Another day of blooming resetting our heating system and lighting.

I’m not going to know myself when they all leave.
Or am I?
Actually, yes, I am.
At least these guys are so polite and well behaved even the young lad today knocked on the living room door and asked me if I wanted a cup of tea. Bless. I would be proud if he were my Son. Mind you, let me take those words back ever so quickly, no, I wouldn’t. Why? Oh, I forgot to tell you last night, as I was talking to him about his beautiful Spaniel, he told me he was a hunting dog. Oh, that did it.

Such a quiet polite lovely young lad, how can he do such cruelty? It’s so beyond me. I wonder when we, if, we, move onto the next land, will we remember this land? I doubt it as why can’t we remember the land we were in before this one? Don’t get me on regression? I have written before about me being regressed. How are we to learn anything if we can’t remember where we were and what we did the time before we came?

Some would say it’s not for us to remember. Well if it’s for our maker, or decider, then he, she, it, will never create a perfect world and if it’s possible to have a perfect world, why not?

Right on that note I shall go and try to do something productive. What? Not sure. I can’t even find my duster X




No comments: