translate

Wednesday 10 May 2017

THE KITCHEN DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good morning Bloggets. Oh, my I’m glad to wake up. My Sons alarm went off at 5.30 a.m., Hubs at 6.40 a.m. and mine at seven. Up opened the gate for my workmen and tried to attempt Boy Wonders lunch whilst filling our water boiler for my joiner and answering the door to a lady saying, and I quote Bloggets, this is what came from her mouth at ten to eight this morning.
“Good morning, big and squashy one!!!!””
Well, my flabber has never been so gassted?
Then I realised it was my lovely friendly delivery lady who does the early morning shifts. She is the one, the only one who rings the bell and waits. My lovely dear friend for where I used to live sent me a new dog bed after our Little Fella ate part of his last one.

Bless her, today is her birthday to, I can’t phone and say happy birthday, as yesterday she had to get her dog put to sleep. She had to give the answer over the phone as she dropped her girl off and had to come home whilst the vet took a look at her. Poor lady and her Husband too he loved that dog. It is such a dreadful painful time and I tell you now I am not sure I can have another guide dog after my Waggatail, as Hub and I really suffered when my Black Beauty AKA Hannah died two and a half years ago and a year and a half ago, our darling wonder dog Long Chops, AKA Suki. We still miss them and as for our Suki, gosh, she has left the biggest hole in our mind and soul that is possible.

So, back to why I am glad to have woken from my sleep? I had three dreams different times of the night about the same thing. My Mum had died and I got the call to say so. Now, most of you will know my Mum died 19 years ago. Many times, I have dreams that I have not spoken to her for so long. In my dream, I am riddled with guilt, why would I not phone her? My Dad had died, and I left her on her own for months? I wake up and I feel so bad I sit up in bed pondering how I am going to call her what to say after such a long time? Oh, it’s awful but then bang. It hits me. My Dad had died, but in real life my Mum soon followed and of course was already dead. Then I grieve. It’s awful, do you have such dreams? I feel so flat when that happens. But early morning dreams today, were different. I wanted to wake up. In my head during my dreams I was telling myself to wake, but didn’t know why? I was too busy trying to deal with the fact that my Mum had just died. Going through the motions oh gosh it was awful. I got out of bed and chased away the dawn thoughts.

Hub and I last night were sneezing and coughing with the dust in the house. My asthma is really bad with the work that is getting done.
Hey, ain’t easy being wheezy you know?

Talking of our work, so far? Well, my joiner has been here since Monday, what a great guy and such a fantastic team he has too. Gosh, yesterday the plumber came with his Son. Wow, why can’t every workman be like them? So, polite and tidy. They work hard too. Then the electrician came and did his stuff. Have I found the last of the true honest British workmen in our area? I have gone through the rest of them meeting and greeting them all. Then saying bye bye never hoping to cross their paths again.

My situation so far? Now, Wednesday the 10th of May 2017. I have no kitchen. I have no door frame leading to the lounge. No skirting boards and no flooring. Our ceiling is sadly damaged with the water that came from the bath the other night. Remembering I didn’t even get my bath, I rant the water to clean the bath and suddenly Hub told me water was falling from the lights in our kitchen. New ceiling now spoiled.
My conservatory has our fridge in and there is the kitchen bin, and a table full of things we need in boxes, like plates, though I am not having any fun trying to wash dishes in the downstairs toilet in fact I’m going to use disposable plates from tonight. It’s gross.

There is a huge wall unit in the conservatory as well as our normal furniture and more boxes with kitchen things in and the planks of wooden flooring.

My painter is coming on Saturday morning at nine. Now what will he put on the walls? Oh, my word. Stupidly I looked up the colour I have picked, well, did I pick it? Firstly, as you may recall, I asked for very creamy orange. I got the colour that I was told was pale orange it’s called Ochre. Looking up that colour, I learned that it can come in a purple red or mustard? Then I went onto a page that told me this about my colour choice.

HSB, 30 degrees 83% normalised to 0255 CYMK8
There you go. Make sense of that? I have asked my angel eyes Terry to take a look at the colour orange ochre and I await her report…

Now, my very modern kitchen? If it ever happens, again, reading up on the colour ochre, here is what I learned. The most ancient of all organic pigments, the colour was used in widely in prehistoric art. Most notably in Palaeolithic murals found in a series of magnificently painted caves in France.

Oh
Well,
I love France.

So, no work tops or cooker cupboards nothing. Just dust and different levels of flooring. We have been trying to sell our white goods. All week a girl has been so excited to buy an item. Last night she was due and I received a text from her Father to say they won’t be collecting as a birthday gift, they have bought their daughter a new kitchen.
So, after me telling about six people they couldn’t have our machine, we still have it… It’s now on EBay again. Someone is coming tonight to buy our oven. They are all in the garage.

I tried to get to our freezer in there before, impossible.

I feel so sorry for our joiner as he is doing most of the work on his own. He is the salt of the earth. A friend as well so I’m so lucky. As for our window, well, the sliding doors? The company well, a person from the company came out the other day to try to make good of a mess. Our joiner said it was a disgrace how they have left it, but never mind… It’s done now.

Okay, I can’t hear you now, well my lap top, the little man in my computer is being out shouted by a sander, I think… Oh, gosh how could I forget to tell you this? Talking about selling white goods. Our dishwasher? Oh my…. Someone called Debbie bought it. They were to drive for miles to get to us. About an hour’s drive. I called the number given to confirm they were coming as they were an hour and a half late. And when waiting for people it’s awful you can’t relax. As relaxed as one can get among the dust and mess. Well Debbie answered the phone. They were driving, I’m not sure he or she at this point all I know is they are called Debbie, the person answered the phone saying it’s Debbie. But their voice was ten times deeper than my Husbands and Hubs voice is quite deep.

They had got lost. Anyhow they arrived at last and I was expecting a van or even a truck as I had said how big and heavy our D/W was. Shamrock was here and as the vehicle pulled up, she said a man got out of a tiny, car. Hub went to see the man and Sham said that he was wearing floral, flipflops. Well, as he clipped clopped down our drive, he told Hub he was late because he had dinner with his Son and the dishwasher was for his boyfriend.

As Debbie lifted with muscles the machine in his/her car, complaining to Hub about their shoes, saying they keep falling off. On the rest of the journey they went.
We do live in a interesting world.
This has been a long month.

No comments: