translate

Tuesday 30 May 2017

A BOTTLE OF HOPE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I’m buzzing right now. After hearing from two very kind people today. Firstly, a lady from Germany and secondly a gentleman from America, both have filled my heart with such hope. Hope is something that I have had to have all of my life an yet most times I find the thread of any hope rather thin. If in liquid form around my brain, somewhat diluted!

Today, the thread of hope became a ball of wool and the liquid of hope turned into more like a jar of English honey!

I often refer to our body and mind as an engine that needs fuel. Well today my tank is full and I’m revving up ready to go. Gosh if I could bottle this, I would send it to you all.

Life really is like a box of chocolates, especially a box of chocolates when blind, as we can’t see the bit of paper that describes the filled delights, so we pick, pop and ponder on what taste will conclude after the chocolate has burst.

Well todays swan song, swims around the lake whilst my heart has been touched by kindness in words that cost nothing but is pure gold to me.

My life’s ambition is to write and to have work published all over the world in paper format as well as word. To be acknowledged as a writer and earn money to provide for my tiny family. Just the idea of sitting among strawberry plants, lemon trees and hear birds sing their song as the warm air beats upon my fingers as I type writing words for others to read. I feel so compelled to write each day and though a lot of what I write I feel is half of what I want to say, it’s still more than what others would dare to write. But today showed me that what some, write is more than I dare to believe an yet would love to accept.

Some days my mind feels twisted up in real life I guess that ball of wool again, but this time not a neat ball of wool but a knotted tangled load of string. Those doors I keep trying to open are firmly locked and that small hill becomes a mountain that only the brave and experienced can climb.

But my life has taught me that the string can be untangled giving it time and patience, and those doors can be broken down if no one comes with a key as for the mountains? Well one step at a time or wait for a day like today when strength is given then suddenly that mountain will seem like a flat bit of land!

There is an Italian proverb which goes something like this. “Hope is the last thing ever lost.””
Take your most optimal thoughts and keep them safe never give up never let others take you down, if you let your guard down for a second, know that you will get up again and each time you are knocked down, the more you get up the stronger you will become.

I hear you, I really do, as your words echo in my head every single day. How many knocks can one person take? Some say we are given the knocks we can personally handle. So, some say that the stronger we are the more knocks we will get. I’m on the fence with that one, but I do believe the kinder the person the more knocks they will have had in life. Those who fly through life with happiness and leisure in their lives are not normally nice people. Quite selfish. My opinion only. There are a few who deserve forever happiness now, as they have had a tough life, but for those born lucky and live lucky, who give nothing back, I don’t believe they are truly happy and contented people.

I believe hope is a characteristic that all humans are born with and it’s up to us to keep it alive. Hope pertains to love especially when one can really believe in the outcome.

I have been more times in my life without hope but somehow, right at the back of my mind and dug deep within my heart hope shines its light, and that light is so bright, it’s enough for me to be guided along the path of life to my next hurdle, where there are rocks to clamber over, rushing rivers to swim through and icy dangerous lakes to try to cross as well as shrubberies to try to find my way through. Sometimes I’m so exhausted that I can’t go on, I wrest then I’m once again, lifted to a safe place to contemplate on my next move, an interim if you like.

I want to send you love and hope.
(C) Fiona Cummings









No comments: