translate

Tuesday 30 May 2017

DIARY OF THE DAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

It’s a fresh day. My lovely spring garden is looking very sad. There is no colour this year. Everything is dry. I need soil and lots of it. We need someone to come and chop next doors tall nasty thorny whatever it is. The only good thing about it is, the birds love it. They eat the berry’s and nest in it too. But it’s horrible, the one inch thorns stick through our fencing and to cut them back is so difficult we have to feel where they are, I say we, I mean Hub. Then they get a grip on his skin and tear. You should have seen his hands the last time he, did it? As for the height, it’s ridiculous, there is privacy and PRR’RRII’IIVICY!
The shrub must stand double our fence and our fence is taller than Hub even as tall as Boy Wonder.
That is a tall fence.

We are selling our fridge now… Seriously, of late we could have opened an electrical shop. We have sold our dish washer, freezer, cooker, washing machine and dryer.

Our joiner is going to make us a lovely unit for my Chrystal. It will be great, solid, his woodwork is fantastic. We have things made by him and though they were made for us in the past, they will live for our future and I hope will be passed on to our Son. I have a blanket box like what my Mum had. It’s solid oak really tall and so heavy. I love solid wood you can’t buy it now days. The new unit I’m getting will have wood shelves and glass doors. I would like a light in it. It won’t be tall, about 5 feet tall, 152cm, and about 2 feet ten inches, 84cm wide with four shelves in. I would like a bit of a shape at the front top. The wood is called black American chestnut.

I’m so excited at the prospect of getting this made. It will go in our conservatory and will match the wine rack I bought Hub years ago. That is rustic wood and has piano keys carved down the side.

Today we have Bloggets from the United States they are leading the way by miles today followed by the UK, then there are other countries where when I see the names of the countries, I think oh I would love to go there either for the first time or again. Like France, Germany and Switzerland, Denmark hi, lovely to see you here again and our regular Bloggets from Australia, seventeen of you today, South Africa Canada and Mexico.

It’s been a while since I caught up on the total statistics who are in the top ten of the countries who have visited my blog page. Let’s take a look.
UK 88,000.51
United States 60,000
Russia 9,121
Ukraine, 7,183
Germany 5,370
Canada, 2,905
Australia, 2,066
France 1,399
South Africa, 1,319
Poland 831
And another forty plus countries have visited over the past to make up in total 200,1000 views. Over two hundred thousand views, you are amazing.

My Son has a day off work, his last before he goes on holiday. Gosh he’s lucky to be going abroad, my favourite country but not my favourite city. I will tell you more later.

All I know is I hope he has a great time, but I wish he was back. He has had three breaks this year already. Only one of them I was envious it was Prague. But what I have learned since he has come back, sadly it’s off my bucket list now. I had places I wanted to visit if I ever got my sight back. Prague was one of them but sadly I fear that the awful way of modern life has spoiled it. BW told me stories of lots of African men wearing caps standing outside their cars which looked as if they cost absolute thousands, shaking young people’s hands. Looking at them in the eye and obviously wanting to sell them drugs. I wish we could abolish drugs and alcohol. Then life would surely be prettier? Safer too.

Gosh what a world where we could let our children play in the streets and have no worries? Give me a country where there is only steam for transport and people’s hearts are full of love no pain at all. No such thing as grief. Grief is the worst kind of pain I have ever experienced. I include all the awful treatment I received for my eyes, gosh, that was pretty painful. In fact, it was as close to torture as I can imagine.

So, BW out to get his hair cut. He has beautiful hair you know, and sadly he has to get it cut every two weeks. Why? Not sure. I wish he would let it grow a bit. To touch it there is nothing there, I hate that. He used to have beautiful hair, now? Madness if you have hair you shave it so low it looks almost bald, if you are bald, you wish for hair.

My biggest fear is if Hub goes bald haha. He will for sure, his Brothers are and his Dad. He had beautiful dark hair he was my Italian stallion. Hahaha. Now He is going pepper. I’m not surprised with the stress we have had in our lives. But we love one another and that is solid. Life now will get easier. My lovely was asking me last night what is our next project. I said nothing at all never. If we ever move again, it will be a brand-new house next time. Where nothing will need doing. BW found out the other night that the guy who sold us our house did all the electrics himself Yep, that makes sense. When Boy Wonder started to tell him his Dad was shocking, as we had to do all the electrics as they weren’t safe, the gas was condemned and the sink in the shower room had a hole in it, well then, the list continued. I Asked what did his friend say? He said, yes, that will be my Dad… Nice… haha.
So, let’s have some fun. Did you know that most home owners stay in their houses for six years in their life time? Not me that’s for sure. Try 60, that’s if I live till I’m 70.
The bathroom is the best investment. Hmm. What about a piggin kitchen?
A Japanese company have developed a residential earthquake proofing system that raises the house 3cm using air and when the earthquake is over, the house is gently placed back on the ground. The house levitates whilst the earthquake is happening. Gosh that is amazing.
Wowza this fact is simply wonderful. Did you know that brass doorknobs disinfect themselves? How, Fiona, I hear you call. Well, according to what I have read today, the ions in the metal have a toxic effect on spores, fungi, viruses, and other germs, eliminating the infections within eight hours.
Brass for all then? No wonder it’s expensive.
Now I don’t believe this fact, I think this is a fake fact, but Scottish Bloggets, please correct me if I think wrong? In Scotland, when home owners pay off their mortgage, they paint their doors red. Hahahaha. Really? No’oo’o
The people of Easter Island have a word, tingo. This means they borrow from their friends’ houses what they like and never give it back.
For those in the UK, I wonder if that is where the expression you’ve been tangoed comes from? Smile.
There is a garden in England that is dedicated to plants that can kill you. Yep, I know of this garden very well if you ever go to England, please go to the beautiful Northumberland. Alnwick water gardens. You will be amazed. That is where the poison garden is. You have to wait for a guided tour. It depicts all of the plants that people used in the olden days to poison people. I could write loads about that place, in fact I have in a blog many moons ago. It’s one of the best places to visit in Northumberland. Alnwick. And for Harry Potter fans, you will love it.
Just to note, I can’t stand Harry Potter. But love the castle where a movie was filmed and that is in Alnwick.

Well have a lovely day whatever you are doing. I’m going to my email now to see if I have an email from one of my absolute favourite Bloggets. You know who you are. If you, wish to drop me a line, my email is below
visionsforfuture@googlemail.com





DRM Investments ltd











No comments: