translate

Thursday 18 May 2017

DIARY OF THE SIC BED BY FIONA CUMMINGS

My one day off and I feel so ill it’s unreal. Early this morning Hub left for work today his alarm went off at twenty past six. I thought no workmen today, a lay in. No, shortly after Hub left, I felt so very ill. My stomach was so bad I thought I was going to burn from the inside out. I couldn’t even turn over in bed. Then the doorbell went. Oh, no, it’s a work man, who has forgotten to tell me? I need to open the doors and the back gate. I tried to get out of bed, not a chance. I pathetically shouted on my Son I felt bad as he never gets a lay in. He went to the door for me it was the lovely delivery lady the only person who waits. Gosh she waited about three minutes. It was pouring with rain too. I reached for my phone and it was only eight in the morning. BW came back to bed. I asked him if he locked the front door. Answer, no Mum it’s daylight. So, I crawled out of bed and really struggled to get downstairs to lock it. I hardly could get back up but no way I was able to see to my Waggatail. Thankfully Hub let’s her out when he lets the Little Fella out before work. I think this is the worst I have felt in many years. Writing this now, I feel so bad I need to go back to bed. I have let Waggs out in the garden, I have been violently sick and the pains in my stomach is like nothing on earth. As if a devil’s fire is inside of me.

I think I am going to try to have another hour and then I hope I will feel better for our painter coming tonight. I hoped Hub would be able to leave a little early,he said no. Well I then got a phonecall from him to say he was leaving quarter of an hour earlier. The pain is spreading. So, I shall close for now and hope to be back later better.

I’m back and after three attempts today, at last I think I am up for longer than four minutes. I feel absolutely dreadful. This is the trouble when you are around someone who works in a hospital, I guess we will now pick up everything. Especially if our immune system is running low and it has to be what we have lived on for the past few weeks, turning into months.

My poor baby girl has been such a patient dog. I really needed to get out today with her, I’m just grateful that my workmen didn’t come today, having said that, there was a truck pulled up and two men got out and rang the bell. Twice, then knocked, then spoke to each other in English, so it’s not a delivery person, as 90% of them are not English. Also, they don’t ring my bell, the lady does who came this morning, but the rest pull up, and run. Why even pull up? I guess so they can leave a note to say they rang. Even though they don’t. No car means no people because everyone in the UK has a car of course…. Crazy.

I have been out of bed for a few
minutes and I can’t talk properly, I sound as if I’m on my last legs. About to take my last breath. The way I feel now, it wouldn’t surprise me. I’m not at all used to being ill out of the three of us, I’m the one who is never ill. When I am ill, I’m so ill. Thank goodness, it’s rare and I hope I am back to normal tomorrow as it’s a big day, all of our kitchen units are arriving. Oh, I’m so looking forward to that.

It’s never stopped raining all day. As I lay in bed, the blackbirds sang a beautiful tune to me whilst the doves, well, Okay, wood pigeons, harmonised. I like to think of them as doves. My favourite kind of flying creature in the world.

Best go for now. Take care.x

No comments: