translate

Tuesday 12 March 2019

TUESDAYS THOUGHTS BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 
Good day Bloggets. I hope you are all feeling good or better? All great here. Though I think soon I will be calling the life guards as its rained for days now and we may be needing either rescuing or a boat at least, smile, well to be honest, not quite, but a couple of years ago, that was happening in my city. 

 

I took Waggs out before to meet with a friend at her house and we had coffee and a chat. Thankfully it is only a seven minute walk each way so we got wet but not as bad if I had to go further. She always offers to drive me but to be honest, I like the walk as does Waggs.

 

Oh, it was funny a couple of weeks ago, as Hub and I were in the car, our dogs were in the boot. Trunk which is huge big enough for them both. We went through a car wash. Well my Waggs loves playing with water and when we are gardening, she always jumps to bite the hose. So, it was one of those hand washes where the guys wash your car. A very strange experience. There are four people three men one lady. All smoking. But they do a great job of people’s cars. You have to keep driving along and stop for the next stage. Then they open the doors to clean down the side of them. So, you are sitting comfortably and suddenly the door will open, well I told them twice not to open the boot, Hahahaha, goodness knows what my dog would have done? But I was really worried they got out and ran off as they may have panic.  Well as the hose went to the boot window, my Waggs went for the window and tried to bite the hose. Then as he sprayed the glass, she thought she was getting wet so she shook, just like dogs do when they have come out of water. It was so funny. So, we think they shake to get the water off them, well there wasn’t any on her, so why did she shake? Just shows it’s all in the mind. Smile.

 

I have put Hubs white shirts in the wash. Hmm. I hope they are all white. I had to use the

App Tap Tap, See, and it was good, but so slow and I used the RNIB colour detector which is not too accurate, but better than my eyes for sure, just to double check I have only white shirts.  To sort out five shirts, took about five minutes. Gosh, if only I could see, my life would be so much easier for sure.

 

It’s really weird, in my dreams now I’m hardly seeing at all. I used to dream as I used to be able to see when obviously I had sight, and over the past year, things I’m seeing in my dreams have become more dull, darker and sounds odd, but thinner. Well I have noticed this week how I’m really not seeing at all in my dreams and that is so sad. But having said that, if I dream seeing, then suddenly wake up, the knowledge that I can’t see in real life, hits me like a horse kick, to the stomach. So, who knows, maybe it’s for the best? May be I should sit here now and try to imagine something like a flower or a dogs face a teddy bear that is what has just been presented to me by the wagging one, anything, and if I can keep remembering what things look like, even by force, then perhaps if I’m fortunate enough for any treatment to come my way, then I won’t need to train my brain to see again, who knows what’s best!

 

A memory of Russia, so I was a tiny child started to visit the former USSR when I was only six. Every six months they would threaten to put leaches on me and give me electric shock treatments as well as the worst most painful injections that left my body in a state of shock for sure. But hey, my sight was preserved for some time… and even improved. But it wasn’t worth it and I hope my dear parents don’t hear me in heaven writing this as they ruined their lives to try to fix my eyes. I could see crystal clear until I was thirty and I was predicted to be blind before I was 13 so I guess there’s that. But when life was difficult in Russia, I was told to not eat chocolate as it was bad for the eyesight an yet today I was reading about new knowledge that they think our cells are starved of glucose. They are looking into how to get that to the correct place. Hmm. Sounds strange as will we then not end up with symptoms of diabetes? I’m clueless so I shall leave that to the scientists.

But at the bottom of this blog there are two links. One talks about how those with RP can pass their eye condition onto their children and so on and the other link talks about what England have to offer as far as stem cells. And it’s all down to money, but I was shocked to see how long they have been looking at stem cells, since the 60’s? And still not cure? Sad but let’s all have hope things are moving faster.

 

In headlines.

No vaccine, no school in Italy. That was the headlines I was reading today. What do you think of that? Some parents are furious who don’t believe in vaccines, and I guess some are relieved.

 

And for a smile, I was reading about a family in Nebraska built a life size Ford Mustang, only to find a parking ticket had been placed on it. Hahaha.

 

Some funny laws I was reading from around the world. If you are a Buddhist Monk in China, be careful, as you are not allowed to reincarnate without permission from the Government!!!

Few, bet you are glad you read that, ah?

 

If you live in Western Australia, be careful if you are a carbaholic, as you are not allowed to own more than 50kg of potatoes at one time.

 

In the French town of Sarpourenx, please don’t die unless you have already bought a burial plot otherwise the Mayor will severely punish you. Hahahaha, if you are already dead, how can you be punished?

 

In Rome, if you are caught with one gold fish in a bowl, you could be charged. One isn’t allowed a s they are considered sociable creatures, I agree with that, but what if you do have two or more, and they all die leaving one?

 

In Portugal, it’s against the law to pee in the ocean. Hmm. Well, how does the authorities catch these people? May be looks out for those looking rather relaxed? Haha.

 

And on that note, I will go now to answer your emails and I shall leave you with these links. Take care until tomorrow and again thank you for your emails. If you want me to write about anything, send your mail to


 


 

 


 

2 comments:

Christine O said...

Hahaaa Fi. Some funny things and especially the car wash story. Funny waggs.
And the car in Nabraska was built of snow wasnt it? I saw a picture of that but didn’t realise it had a ticket. Oh dearie. Big smile. And don’t die without a prepaid plot, lol. Have a beaut week. Oh some rain to walk in on this parched earth would be great here in central NSW Oz. Xx 🌷

Fiona Cummings said...

I would love to know about that parking ticket what on earth was going through that man’s head who gave it. You can have some of our rain with pleasure and today it is not only raining but wild wind. Have a lovely week honey lots of love