translate

Wednesday 20 March 2019

THE POTATOES OF LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well it’s past the pumpkin hour and the house is so quiet. My beautiful dog has finished her dream so, even she is hushed now after making such sounds from her sleep. Some laughs earlier in the kitchen with Boy Wonder and Shamrock. Doors all locked, I had to do Hubs jobs tonight, of filling the dog food bin up and gosh, imagine this, so it’s a huge bag, and I lift it to put in the dog bin still in its bag am I making sense? So, there I am lifting his huge heavy bag trying to find the blooming opening of the bin to sit the bag, in it. Well I kept missing it. I needed to feel where the hole was but had no spare hands. Where is the octopus when I need one? But managed in the end. My faithful dog by my side at that time, wishing, just wishing that I was going to pour the full bag in her dish. And she would make a good impression of it too. Not sure there would be much left if I gave her the choice of a constant pouring of the dog food. Why does it have to smell so bad? I’m glad it’s biscuits and not meat. As in a tin/can. And then for the recycling boxes. Oh, my, did I tell you Hub and I were like the Chuckle brothers at the weekend. For those who are not familiar with the Chuckle brothers, they are a comedy act two brothers who are always moving stuff and their catch phrase is to me to you. Well they push and pull just as we were doing this weekend, well, Hub didn’t know his own strength and snapped the handle off. And the boxes, are still stuck together. Not sure if they have swollen up with the rain? So, tonight was my Sons turn. My fit Son who goes to the gym five times per week. Who is obsessed with a good body and healthy living? My Son who is so very strong.

If anyone can bust boxes, oh, sorry, loosen boxes he can.

But he couldn’t.

So, I have had to put two boxes stuck. I am going to have to get some washing up liquid and hot water to try to separate them. As right now, they are like piggin dogs in heat.

 

My lovely man is away until tomorrow night. I know he was working until eleven tonight too, as he had loads of paperwork to do. But he had a nice meal after the office and before he started to work with his lap top. First, he said he had fish & chips. Chips are fried potatoes. But then he had a starter. Potato things with chicken in crumps, and spicy potatoes and some other kind of potatoes, hahaha, and where was the veg? the salad? Anything green would do? Well, talk about when the cat’s away the mouse shall play? Do you know I hide his Peas still…? In his mash potatoes. It took me until last year before I realised that it didn’t matter if I hid his Peas or not, he’s blind so can’t see them, but I guess if I hide them in the mash, they are mixed in so he may still eat them as he loves mash…. Well that is the theory. He would have made a good cave man.

 

If he had been at home, it would have been a sweet potatoes stew. I bet he’s glad he is away. Haha.

 

Yesterday was a beautiful day. It was so hot and sunny. I went for a lovely long walk with my girl Friday, we walked at speed. Well, speed for me. Just managing to take over the tortoise. Seriously, we walk at a healthy speed and when I got back, I felt so good. I haven’t checked how many steps but it has to be more than five thousand. And to some, that isn’t many, but to me it’s four thousand more, then what I used to do. At the weekend we walked over ten thousand. And two days last week six thousand per day, over two days. Next week I’m starting running…

Hahahaha, noooooonooooo

my running days are so long gone. I used to love running in fact I loved dancing and keeping fit, but it all went wrong when I was eighteen. I was a fully-fledged housewife with duties for my ex Husband. Gosh, I wonder who’s cleaning his house now? I can tell you, it will be clean, as my ex liked a clean and tidy house and he was house-proud.

 

We crossed the dreaded road around here, the road where the council won’t put a crossing on. But there is a crossing if you walk almost a mile up the road, on a roundabout, very safe. Not!

 

 If you can’t see, you have to hear for when there are no cars, only on a roundabout there are always cars, so it’s lethal. But, hey, they have a crossing up there, only trouble is, that doesn’t beep or turn with the twizzly thing at the bottom, you know for those who are deaf and blind, there is a screw like thing right  at the bottom of the light box that you are meant to hold and wait for it to turn, as you won’t be able to hear the beeping or obviously, see the lights change?

 So, thank goodness for my girl Friday and that crossing is awful, it’s not straight across, but on an angle.

 

Together we learned a new route too, I may try it out with the Wagging one tomorrow. Just anxious I get lost, but hey, I have all day to find my way home…

 

I have three poems to write tomorrow weddings coming up. And a paper to prepare and present,, in a couple of weeks. I have a date with an ironing board and the normal things like cooking for my family.

 

Oh my, Boy Wonder made his lunch tonight for tomorrow. I have just looked at what he has put it in, it’s like a blooming suit case. I thought once over the teen years, they slow down with their eating?

It’s not happening here. He had a cooked breakfast, then took a hot made meal to work, then had a large cooked dinner went to the gym and came back to cook again. His lunch for tomorrow and his supper as he is always starving after the gym. He’s so lucky though as he has a fantastic physique. Takes after his Mum

Stop it

Well he has the same hair and eye colour.

And that is where it stops. Hahaha. Oh, people say he has my smile. Hmm. Why did I give that up?

 

OK, I’m so tired I’m getting delirious.

I shall close for now and wish you a good sleep tonight. But before I go, I want to say to Jan, best wishes for later today and to Sheila, you are super woman. To Terry thank you so much for the support and to my most beautiful loyal Blogget Louise, my thoughts are with you today. Be strong. Things are going to be OK and some days better. Life will sort itself out. I’m praying for you.

With love.

 

No comments: