translate

Sunday 17 March 2019

SKIMMING STONES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. How was your weekend? We have had a lovely couple of days. Yesterday just relaxed and enjoyed each other’s company and today we went out to the countryside to take a long walk. We also popped in at a craft centre and I’m pondering on going back there to create something. Not sure when or what I will make yet, but it looks fun.

 

The river was absolutely wild. So noisy I loved it but wouldn’t like to live near there as the houses will be sure to be flooded!

 

It was nippy cold but the sun shone and the birds sang so very loudly as the trees swayed in the breeze and the smell of freshly cut grass was in the air. Daffodils kissed the pathways that snaked around monuments and posts with hanging baskets with spring plants in them.

 

We stopped for a coffee and bite.

Sandwich/cake that is, we didn’t chew on each other.

Hehehehehe

 

Dogs are sleepy, we have just had dinner and now more chill time in front of the TV. We have done little housework this weekend. It’s been so relaxing. And tomorrow a busy couple of meetings in the morning for me. Hub is working from home, and my Son returns from his break. I hope he has had a lovely time.

 

Do you believe in karma? I would love to, and I’m not saying I don’t.  we know that saying. “All good things come to those who wait, or everything that’s really worthwhile in life comes to us.””

Well, apart from my Son who was the first amazing thing that happened in my life, I had a long wait until the next great thing/person came into my life and again, fast forward ten years, another long wait until something else special has happened. So, so far, many car crashes but good treatment at the end of the painful years. That is how I feel right now. I just hope I have a safe car now, haha.  Seatbelt clicked in and off we go onto a journey of a lifetime.

 

I wonder if optimism feeds positivity? The challenge we have is finding positivity, isn’t it? And I guess like a plant, we have to start at the beginning and plant the seeds of hope and smiles. Surround yourself with what you like/love and rid of everything that makes you unhappy. Unless you can change what, is making you unhappy then live with what you have?

 

We can not change our past, but we have a chance to change our future. Remember, you can’t cross the river by skimming stones!

 

 

 

 

No comments: