translate

Friday 29 March 2019

PS PM BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Oh my, where has today gone? A visit to the dentist earlier. For whatever reason, I was more afraid than ever before. My Husband told me I was crazy for not having the needle for pain relief but I hate needles I would rather have pain. Well, I waited in the waiting room with Hub as he too had to see the dentist but for nothing much. We always go together too so one can hold the dogs whilst the other goes in. my last guide dog Hannah AKA Black Beauty, would lay so still behind the desk with the doting receptionists. But as for my Waggatail? No, she would be in the staff kitchen, around the children fussing them in the waiting room and no way she would lay still for a stranger. But whilst they were with us, the two dogs were so very well behaved.

 

I love to people listen. There was a lovely old chap very educated, extremely posh, well, well spoken. But sadly, for him he started a conversation at the other end of the vast room with a lovely lady who just didn’t know how to respond to the old man.

 

I wished I had been near him. He was so informative talking about when he was a child visiting his Grandparents. Oh, his stories were amazing. Then he started to talk about Gypsies, we are not allowed to call them that now, they have to be called travellers…. But he came from the days where they were known as gypsies….

 

He spoke of how they used to mark the gates of peoples houses whether they were worth going to or not. His Grandparents house was marked as a good one as she used to give them a drink and some food.

 

He then spoke of Mother’s Day saying in his days, there was no such thing as Mother’s Day. It’s all to do with commercial. He explained all about his beliefs and more. Even talking about the Bible. Well, it was then that the lady just lost interest entirely. Even being so rude as to stop answering the man. He was the kind of person I could sit with and ask him to be recorded. I would tape him talking. Memories cannot be bought.

 

I love old men, I just melt and want to care for them all. I remember my darling Dad and think what a good person he was. I was robbed of his life far too young in my, life. I so badly miss my parents.

 

And then a middle age Dad came in with his very young boys. One a baby and the other about three, I am guessing of their ages, by their voices. The Dad was so calm, so sweet to his children and the kids were so well behaved and had such manners. You could tell they were brought up or will be so proper.

 

And then another elderly gent. He was so funny. He had to fill in a form at reception answering all the questions on the screen with the girl. His first comment was.

“No, I’m not pregnant.””

Well rather than the girl chuckle, she said with a very serious expression. “You’re not pregnant, ok, I shall tick that box!””

 

But then it was funny as she said to him. Do you have any heart problems? Well he answered with such pride. No, my heart is perfectly fine, never had any trouble. Well, hang on a minute, unless you call the operation, I had a few years ago? She replied, what was that? He said. I had a triple bypass… and I have to get my heart checked every year, but apart from that I’m fine. She asked him was he on any pills for his heart? He replied yes, I’m on what ever he said and then said he was also taking an inhaler. Hahahaha. Well if that is a good sign of a healthy heart, I’m personally doing OK.

 

And then an elderly lady came and I swear, I wasn’t sure if she was there for a full set of teeth, as she had non in, or she was getting her gums treat.

 

A screaming sound came from one of the rooms. I looked to Hub and asked him. What on earth was that? It was like a wild animal. After a few seconds we realised it was the cries from a very young baby.

 

So, my turn to go in. oh gosh…. It was the worst filling I have ever had. It was barbaric. Goodness knows what on earth she put in my mouth but it was like some kind of torture tool used from the second world war. There were prongs and bits of metal sticking out all over the place. My tongue was getting cut. It was pure hell. Normally they stop to give you a break, but nope, not today. She kept going.

 

But she is a lovely lady and I managed, just, without a needle, but I wouldn’t recommend it. She hit my nerve three times…

 

When she finished, I was so very dizzy and to be honest, I’m still not right now. I feel really odd. My head is spinning.

 

She said I should have pain for two weeks. Oh, my, really?  All the staff there are lovely though and I’m back to live for another day.

 

Hub is cleaning the carpets today. It’s a beautiful day. So, they should dry as the sun is shining through every window. I just hope he has made a difference. Not being able to see has its challenges. Especially when your painter has left paint all over the carpet.

 

Well we are going out tonight with friends. A large group of lovely people. Looking forward to it. Hub is on his fitness regime so won’t be drinking and I don’t drink alcohol when we go out so it should be a cheap night, we go for the laughs… no more pub quizzes so we will have to find a new place to exercise our brains.

 

Up with the larks in the morning I have a meeting then home for the day and a busy weekend. Hopefully I will have loads of time to write tomorrow as I’m a little behind with what you have been asking of me. Will catch up tomorrow when I get back in!

 

In the past seven days I have walked 36 thousand steps plus. I know I should have done 70,000, but I just don’t have the time or energy to do that. That may come next year. There again, it might not… my Son told me he is lifting double his weight from ground level to standing up straight. He has been spending three hours in the gym five days this week, so fifteen hours working out. And Hub has been in our home gym every day. I have been in there one day but will go tomorrow. I just wonder, if I will ever be thin? I hope just to get more fit but I smile when I think of my yoga teacher telling me I am the fittest person she teaches. Then I laugh more, as I am reminded that her youngest person after me, is in their sixties… and her average lessons people are in their late seventies. Haha. I just want to extend my life for living.

 

My Son has a meeting with his manager the other day, thankfully he’s doing really well. We are so proud of him. But he is doing far too many hours. He is working to save for a house for him and his girlfriend. Shamrock has been off work for the past few days as she has had a really bad cold. Thankfully, she hasn’t passed it onto us.

 

In the news have you heard about the new Apple credit card that is coming out? It sounds really good.

Mars had raging rivers twice as wide as what is on earth. And that was all I wanted to read about as everything else seems so sad or wrong.

 

Ps

That was yesterday’s blog I thought I had published. I told you I was not feeling right…. Well today is Friday we had a good night out yesterday and Hub didn’t stick to his no alcohol rule, but this morning he has weighed himself and as you know, our scales in the bathroom talk, so I heard he has lost 6lbs. why is it that he loses weight so fast? Mind you, he has almost starved this week so he will of course put it back on again. And after all the walking I have done this week and last, I have lost a depressing 2lbs. but, I haven’t starved just cut down. I feel fitter and that is the main thing.

 

I did a few thousand steps this morning as I went to a meeting. Hub relaxed at home. It was a beautiful morning. It was just before 9 when I arrived where I needed to be and it was a perfect meeting with great results. I couldn’t have wished for a better outcome, I only wish our PM, Theresa May had such good results. Today she faced more negativity. So, Britain, expect £100,000 and £39,000000, now to pay for that little bit extra time and the divorce bill. That money could have gone on our hospitals, research, charities, but no, we are messing with finances, face and facilities. I still think it’s shocking that the MP’s get any vote when Britain voted almost three years ago. It should have been end of. So many companies have spent money for their business’s to be ready for Brexit, if we remain, then their money will be wasted.

 

Today MP’s rejected Mrs May’s deal by 58 votes, for the third time now she has lost. Gosh, I just can’t understand what people are thinking about. I mean, she is by a country mile, the most intelligent Prime Minister we have ever had. If she stands down, then who on earth will take over, Bad boy Boris? My goodness, he doesn’t have the charisma, clarity or class, to run the UK. So, if the vote goes to the Labour fool jerry, then unemployment will rocket to it’s highest ever where as right now we are at the lowest unemployment for so many years and Jeremy Corbyn will open all doors to whoever, forcing England the small island that we are to sink deeper. School places, forget that as far as Doctors appointment waiting time triple that. And the man is so rude I believe with a real bad temper. I think there are a lot of skeletons in Gerry’s closet and that is why the media want him in. Well if he get’s elected, Ireland, you will have no say. Your best bet is if Conservatives stay in power. And you are voting down everything that is proposed. Ireland, think of the bigger picture, unless it’s too late now, I do wonder if it is, I mean, what is going to change between now and the next vote on the 12th of April?

But that is enough about Brexit, jog on Fifi.

 

This is really fascinating. A lady from Scotland has spent her whole life not being able to feel pain.

She has a mutant gene scientist have discovered her. She can burn herself on an iron for example and not even feel a thing. So now her gene is going to be investigated as if that can be removed from those in everyday pain, then the future for people who are living with pain will be eliminated. Apparently, it helps with depression too. Sounds great, but we were talking about this last night and some of the negative comments were such as army’s will have their soldiers with this removed gene so they will keep going and what if there is something wrong with us, but because we can’t feel pain, then we ignore it and neglect what could be fixed/treated?

 

Interesting though, to eliminate my Husbands pain would be brilliant, so I wonder if they could just play with the gene to remove pain that occurs every day? Or if someone has back pain, then just remove the pain from one part of their body?

 

Apparently, drinking one, yes one, bottle of wine per day could be more lethal than smoking.

Personally, I’m not sure about that, but neither is good. And on that note, I hope you are all feeling healthy today, if not, and you have for example just got out of hospital may be after an operation, then I hope you will be feeling better soon. Know that you are thought about cared for and loved. X

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Molinda said...

Good Morning, (it's morning where I am) thank you for this beautiful share. I wanted to be there with you when the old man was talking...felt like I was! Do you ever record people conversations? Your blog post always uplift my spirit.

Fiona Cummings said...

Molinda, no I have never recorded anyone but it’s something my husband always talks about he wished he had done when he met certain people. I wouldn’t like to do it With famous people I have met, just real proper elderly people who have lived a full life. I am sitting in my garden now the smells are beautiful birds are singing and the Sun is shining it’s so peaceful. I wish for you a lovely day and a perfect weekend thinking of you always take care X

Bridgid said...

You are a sweet soul who cares about others. It radiates in the way you see others and the empathy you have. You always want the best and for this (((heavenly love and hugs)))

I am so happy to be reading your blogs again! I look forward to reading more. Thank you very much!

Bridgid

Fiona Cummings said...

My dear lovely lady I am delighted you are reading my blogs. I love you in my family of readers sending lots of love back to you and thank you so much for the beautiful comment X