translate

Thursday 7 March 2019

FAMILY DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


An extremely frustrating morning. Didn’t end up getting what I needed and had nightmares with tech. I need to do some yoga… and, breathe. So much to do today but really don’t have the energy to do it. Sending love to Sheila and wishing good luck for today.

 

An email I received today made me think how lucky Hub and I are to have our Son and small family of my brother and family and my brother in law and SIL.

 

Our extended family are our close friends and I love them dearly. They say you can’t choose your family but you can your friends, rubbish, you can walk away from family members who are bad people. Unless you are in a dreadful situation where you physically or financially can’t get away, and that was the email I received today. My heart goes out to anyone in that position. All I can do is keep in contact with that lovely person and try to get them to a good place. Remember this saying.

Some people are like clouds, when they go away, it’s a much brighter day.

 

My other subject today is family traditions. They are passed on through your parents and you try to uphold them with your children, I think along the way, they become weaker as your children marry into another family who don’t hold your past and present views, for example, Hubs piano, it means the world to us, our Son was to receive it after the unfortunate parting to another world of Hub and myself. But if BW marries his now girlfriend, no way she will want the piano so unless our Grand children show interest, then it will go to charity. When I am dusting it, I’m sad as we want to pass it down to our Son. I guess though better to have one child not wanting things than two or more who will fight over it and end up falling out, smile. Looking back with my Mum I didn’t get anything after she died apart from a beautiful jewellery box my Dad bought her when they first got married. My brother wasn’t the kind of person to fight either for anything and he went on holiday so we sorted out things the best way I knew in my grief and that was to get those dreadful companies out to collect the lot and give you pennies. When I think back, I really wish I had saved more of her things but I was in so much pain with the grief of losing her and my Dad and my sight in such a short time and my baby would  shout for his Nanna and Grandad every time we entered the house, he was only a year but he knew  where he was and who should have been there. It may sound crazy, but to know no matter how many times he called for them, they would never be there anymore. It killed me! Also, there was rent to pay on the property money I didn’t have. So, I needed to hand over the house as soon as possible. Thank God Hub and I never have to do that.

 

Do you think there will be such things in the future as family traditions? I fear not. But I am pleased to see parks still full of families at weekends. So at least parents still take their children out.

 

Chili have visited our blog page today, hello to you whoever you are. Some other countries include Ukraine, Canada, France, US, Russia, Indonesia, Italy and of course the UK.

Almost 360,000 views in total now, and when I started, I thought maybe 12 of my friends. Smile.  Thank you to Vicki, Louise and Donna for your constant support too I so appreciate you and every single one of you who read this. James asked me to write about today’s subject. This is something that has always interested me since a child. I remember quizzing my school pals about this but none of them including my lovely Husband as a child, knew where I was coming from. Whether they knew about this or just were not interested, I don’t know but I used to get so tense as I wanted to talk about this, as it intrigued me.

The Bermuda Triangle is known to be one of the worlds most dangerous bodies of water but scientists have proven that it isn’t scarier than any other part of the ocean, so why have so many flights and ships, gone missing around that area? Well the conclusion is that it’s such a big body of water it’s inevitable that would happen. Hmm. I still like my theory. The odd thing is, nothing went missing for quite some time. I think last year three people went missing and in 2015 two boys went fishing their boat was found a year later but the boys were never found. A couple of light house men went missing too and in total I think about a thousand people have lost their lives, or, gone somewhere else been taken may be to another planet? I know when I was a child there were lots of talk that the flights mainly had Doctors and scientists on board and that made me think, whoever is taken them, needs our best brains… as for the scientists who claim to understand why these crafts went missing, well how come as many haven’t gone missing in other parts of the water over such a long time? And to not find ships aeroplanes and bodies is too spooky.

  

The first listing of a ship going missing was right back to the 1800’s and a huge gap from the seventies to 2015. Why such a gap if it’s still a huge body of water, so surely things should still go missing? Hmm. I still believe they were taken by other aliens. To not find anything after the event is just too weird.

 

In our news, I’m glad to say that our bakers in the UK Greggs has made a huge profit and they are saying it’s because of the vegan sausage rolls. Well Hub as I have said prefers them to the pig ones. And they are delicious. Moreish in fact. I have received a few emails from people saying they tried them and they will never buy the meat ones again and they are far from vegan or vegetarians. Good old Greggs. Not everything vegan is delicious, so when we come across something that is, it’s great news. Next time my brother in law comes I’m going to give him one of them and not say see if he notices. Hahaha. Last time he had the meet ones.

 

House selling prices in the UK have gone up by 5.6 per cent in February, great for those selling but not for those buying.

 

If you are using Google Chrome, update asap as there has been a bug.

Oh Michael Jackson. A documentary viewed in the UK has caused lots of fuss. Personally, I don’t believe the two guys who are saying they were abused. And I hope I am right with my opinion. It’s so unfair when the man is dead. Who will fight his case? His poor children. I think now days he would be classed as transsexual or gender fluid or whatever other titles are floating about now, I don’t believe he was gay or a paedophile. If the poor man is innocent, I hope he is oblivious to what is going on here. If he is guilty, then I hope the men win their case, give all the money to charity and Michael is sitting at the table with the man in horns with a large fork.

 

This is scary, about 1 million women in the UK and 5% of women in the US take HRT and a huge study of 160,000 women have been researched by scientists in Finland and it’s shown that the people taking HRT, are at risk of developing Alzheimer’s!

 

The study told that those taking the hormonal pills are at 20 percent more risk of developing Alzheimer’s. so, for every ten thousand women who take the pills, 9 to 18 women would develop it per year.

 

More than five million people in America have Alzheimer’s. and I read you have to be taking the pills for ten years for it to have this negative effect, but ask your Doctor as the awful symptoms if you don’t take them are scary too.

 

Early signs of H are being able to function, but is having memory lapses.

Middle stage person may get words muddled or have mood changes.

And the last stage, well it’s not good. Now don’t panic as most people over the age of fifty have poor memories I put it down to not having to remember half what we used to so our brains have turned to mush. Loads of my friends honestly, I talk to them and I know they have forgotten what they told me last time we met up or they forgot what they were about to do, so don’t worry if you are now reaching for your phone to call your Doctor. Haha. Just if you are taking HRT, have a word to be reinsured next time you visit your Dr. it does say you have to be taken the pills for a decade and it only effects a small amount of people. But small amount is enough and what is the alternative?

 

To prevent the symptoms or slow down, do exercise and eat oily diets, Urg. Especially for the latter, no way I’m eating fish.

 

Get some fresh growing rosemary, that is meant to be good for your memory. Just to sniff it apparently.

 

Well my beautiful Son has returned from work so I shall go and serve his dinner. He looks tired, he’s had a long day. Hubs dinner is cooked   just waiting for him to return but it won’t be until late then an exciting night for us. I shall go for now but before I do some words.

Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn. And carefully starts to sing whilst it’s still dark.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: