translate

Saturday 30 March 2019

MOTHER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well my Husband has been known to go to a friend’s house and fix their boiler for hot water even though obviously as you know, he is totally blind and they could both see, but it makes a really funny story. He does our electrical stuff not as in wiring but connecting things and doing all tech. he also fixes our boiler when we can’t for whatever reason get hot water. And he bleeds the radiators. And today he can add to his skills. Last week we had the man from Dyson out to fix our vacuum. The guy was great and replaced almost everything that was possible. We have a new vacuum. And I can say, the Dyson aftercare is 10 out of 10.

 

For weeks now my Hub has been saying the vacuum has been making a very high sound. Well, to me it sounded the same. The man from Dyson saw nothing wrong with it either… probably thinking silly people, they are blind, what do they know? Haha, em, he doesn’t know my pitch perfect Hub! Well today Hub was determined to get to the bottom of it, literally. Took things apart I never knew were meant to come apart and Bingo! There was a stone trapped in the motor.

 

Well, you would think my Husband had won the Lottery. I have not noticed any difference in sound, but he, has, though, it is picking up much better.

 

He cleaned the car out with his newish, vacuum and then I cleaned the floors.

 

Even though it’s red hot outside, Hub has said all morning his head has felt cold… well, it would love, you have just had the equivalent of a wig cut off. Oh my, he had so much hair chopped. Enough to cover the rooftops of the guys in our street, as hair they are lacking.

 

We have both been in our gym…. (Garage) I did the treadmill all uphill today. I really had to fight with it today even though I had Enrique Inglesias blasting in my ears…. No, he’s not my new personal Trainor, but music on my iPhone!!! I tell you, if he was my PT, I would be the healthiest person alive, as I would be spending my life in the gym. Hahahaha. Isn’t that a funny expression? Healthiest person alive? You’re not exactly going to be a healthy dead person, are you? Well, I guess you could be if you have gone to heaven and all your ailments have left your body and resumed in someone on earth…

 

I always laugh when the Jehovah’s Witness’s come to my door and ask do, I believe that there is a place we all go to where the blind can see?  I answer. “I blooming hope so love!””

Then they ask me to read something and I tell them I’m blind, oh, the silence until it all sinks in is hilarious.

 

This morning I have given a massage to someone. Don’t ask. But they felt so much better after it, so I am happy. I have also been talking with a lovely lady who was so sad as tomorrow in the UK it’s Mothering Sunday. She has two Sons and she is spending the day alone. Oh, my heart ached for her. I wished I had thought and bought her some flowers. I must make sure I text her tomorrow at least she will know someone cares. Bless her. Why can’t people realise how lucky they are to have a Mother? Especially if they are good people as she is so kind…

 

Thank goodness I have stopped breaking my heart every Mother’s Day. After my parents died, I cried and hurt every single time they had some kind of celebration. I just wanted to buy them a gift, a card with nice words and visit them, take them out and just be grateful I had them. My natural if you can call her that mother, I’m sure is still alive, but she wasn’t my Mum and never wanted to be. She was an oven. And sadly, fathers had no say in those days and I guess they still don’t, something I have always thought is so wrong. If a girl gets pregnant, the father has no choice whether or not that child should live or die, or be given up for adoption. A yet when it comes to paying for that child, oh, then they are suddenly important. But only until the child is of an age where they no longer can claim money from the father.

 

So tomorrow I shall have a sad moment missing my Mum as I do every day, I will say a prayer and talk to her, telling her I love her. But I am blessed I have a child and I say this every year, to me a mother is a word for someone who cares a look after someone or something like a pet. So, if you have a cat, dog or a gold fish, if you baby sits for children or if you are a lolly pop lady, in the UK they are people who see our children safely across the road to school, then you are sent lots of love for Mother’s Day!

 

At 3 years a child says. “I love you Mummy””

At 13, whatever.

16, Mum you really are annoying.

18, I’m leaving home.

27. Mum you were right.

50, I don’t want to lose my Mum and at 60, I wold do anything to bring back my Mum. Well that is all general, for me sadly I was thirty when I lost my parents. Hub got a bit longer with his, 42. I have friends in their fifties who still have their parents, they are so lucky. I just wish I had told my Mum more how much she meant to me. And I wish I had not grown up with the rejection of my birth mother as that pain never leaves you, no matter how much your adopted Mother loves you. For young and older Mums to be out there, please no matter how you feel about your child’s father, don’t lock him out of your child’s life? you are only punishing your child and possibly screwing their future up as far as their psyche is concerned.

 

And finally, on a lighter note.

A little boy asked his Mum. Are bugs bad for you? Mother replied. Son, please eat your dinner don’t talk about that at the table. After dinner she said to her little boy. Now, what were you asking about bugs? Oh, he replied. It doesn’t matter, there was a bug in your soup, but it’s too late, you ate it…

 

Laters with love.

 

2 comments:

Bridgid said...

(((Lots of love and hugs dear)))

Fiona Cummings said...

Thank you same back at you X