translate

Friday 22 March 2019

MAGIC DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Here we are again, another weekend is upon us. Yesterday I learned a new route and was glad to say Waggatail and I did it today and she remembered everything. On the way back, she wanted to detour, but luckily, I realised this and corrected her so we headed in the right direction after that.

 

So yesterday Hub headed his three-hour journey home from where he was working and we hot healed it to our last pub quiz. Well, last there.  The people who are running it are leaving. There are rumours that the pub is going to close. So sad as there are some wonderful punters who go there. It’s a traditional pub.

 

Well we didn’t let ourselves down, came last again. Seriously the questions last night were absolutely dreadfully difficult.

 

There was a huge cream according to my friend, Labrador in there who was deaf. Bless him, he had an almighty bark. He would bark just once. The biggest and deepest bark. He did it when anyone came near him from behind where he couldn’t see. Poor baby, that must be so scary for a dog, not to be able to hear? It was like I wanted to understand that one bark he was saying though, was it a word like careful? Just the one bark. And only when someone came near him.

 

Yesterday, was a beautiful day. So sunny and mild and the Spring fragrances were happening in our garden. The birds were more vocal too after a long time of silence. But today is cooler and this morning I spent time in air so fresh, unlike our horrid polluted place of living. I went with two friends to a fair.  I bought some vegan sausages and a silver dish. Hahaha. What a combination? The silver dish was to match the wine bottle holder I bought Hub for Christmas. It’s an octopus. As is the dish. It’s handmade. Very heavy too.

 

It’s after 3 pm and I haven’t had one pain in my eyes, gosh, keep going please. I am aware they are there if you know what I mean, well you know like a nose, or ears, well for me, they are there but I am not conscious of them but my eyes, they feel so heavy all of the time. I really don’t know why. They say the rods and cones are dead. Perhaps it’s all the grave stones hahaha.

 

Did you hear about Kelvin who went to the eye doctor and said his eye hurt every time he drank tea? The Doctor said, stop drinking tea. Kelvin replied, but I love tea with two sugars. The eye doctor replied, well next time, take the spoon out.

Poor Kelvin, he went to the Doctors the day before and the Doctor gave him a prescription for three bottles of pills. Dr told Kelvin. Take the green one with a glass of water when you wake up, the blue one with a large glass of water after lunch and a red pill with a small glass of water just before bed. Kelvin replied. Oh, Doctor, what’s wrong with me? The Dr replied. “You’re not drinking enough water!””

 

After tonight, let the holiday begin. One full week off. I have two meetings to attend and a dentist appointment and then South of France here we come…

OK, North of England…. But a girl can dream?

 

In life I am super excited and feel as if I have won the Lotto, but I haven’t, just life is being so kind right now I feel blessed.

 

I am going now to write to a beautiful special friend who needs lots of love right now, and I have it to give to her. But words before I go.

 

They say people just need three things in life to be happy. Someone to love, something to do and something to hope for. it’s wonderful that something small that is good today, can make up for a lot of horrible things that may have happened yesterday.

 

Hope is like magic. The excitement of it and when it happens, it’s the most wonderful spellbinding gift of all.

 

I send you all boxes of hope, tied with a beautiful bow. Until later. X

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: