translate

Tuesday 19 March 2019

FAMILY THOUGHTS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Good evening Bloggets. Happy birthday to my beautiful niece. Gosh I remember when she was a little girl, every year for her birthday I bought her party dress. It was funny as it was the only time, she would wear a dress in those days. I was 13 when she was born. I was at boarding school. So, she was a few weeks old by the time I saw her. I wished I had more time with her but dreaded sight meant I had to go away to school. Thank goodness children now days can stay at home and not sent away as if they were bad for having poor eyesight. Having said that because of my Husbands education, he has managed to do really well in life as far as work is concerned, also having a brain the size of a planet helped.

 

School certainly has screwed up with our minds. But that is in our past, nothing we can do about that. Though I so wish I could have had the family time I needed.

 

Days like today I think of my Mum.  I miss her so very much and my darling Dad. 20 years seems like forever some days but the pain is as if it was a couple of months ago.

 

I was given to them when I was four weeks. The four weeks before that I think I suffered as when I came to my Mum, I was really dirty. My little clothes were filthy as were my fingernails. The home I was in wasn’t a good one. My birth mother gave me up when I was a couple of days and she didn’t even touch me the two days I was in the same building as her. I am sure as babies, we store memories up just don’t remember them well enough, though they still scar our hearts and soul.

 

But the parents that were given to me, were the best in the world, though you always as an adopted child feel rejected, no matter what your adopted parents do for you.

 

I often think what would my life have been like if I hadn’t have been given away? Having said that, I would never want not to have known my lovely parents who dedicated their life for me and worship my brother who was also adopted.

 

My parents loved my Niece and my Mum taught my Niece so much to read and write. I’m just pleased she is old enough to remember them I wish my Son could, but he was a baby when they died. So, he too has missed out on family.

 

I’m pleased to say our Son got back safely from Amsterdam last night. And of course, because of the latest terrorist attack, I was so worried. It was 21 miles from where he was. God bless the people who were murdered.

 

  Hub away for the next couple of days. On business. I miss him so much when he’s away. But I am going out with a friend tomorrow so that will be lovely and I have my most loved person to write to tomorrow, my dearest Louise. I adore her letters and we write to each other a couple of times per week though I could get letters/emails from her every day and I wouldn’t complain.

 

And Elaine asked me to write my favourite things not sure why, Elaine, why? Haha, well, here goes.

Colour blue

Pop stars George Ezra. Just love everything about him. Bruno Mars and singers

Michael Bubble and Andrea Bocelli.

Hobbies, writing, music going to the theatre and cinema and time with great friends. Walking and watching great TV. Many years ago, it was dancing and running. Not at the same time…  favourite animal dogs and elephants. I adore birds too wild birds though I had a caged one I don’t really believe in them. And I have loads of bronze horses. I always say when I die, I’m coming back as a Pegasus…

I have loads of statues in my garden, but I don’t like gardening. Though I love a nice garden.

Favourite country I have been to? Hmm. Italy, though we had a beautiful holiday with our Son in the South of France. And the happiest time was with dear friends in America. But in my head, Norway was the most beautiful of all.  Country I would love to visit, Canada.

If not for the threat of crime it would be South Africa to see my beautiful elephants, though I fear I wouldn’t want to leave them.

 

Fave film, dirty dancing. See no evil hear no evil. And old-fashioned movie I love is called Genevieve, one of my favourite names for a girl along with the names Jennifer and Alexandra.

Favourite flower daffodils. Love them new start and the colour is a happy colour. I can’t see the colours now well, not even the flowers, but I still love the thought of what they look like. When I first went blind it broke my heart to think I would never see them again, but fast forward twenty years and now I can imagine them.

 

Favourite place to live, the seaside. Northumberland beaches are the best.

  Elaine hope this has answered your questions.

 

Cherish your good and kind human connections. Treat others as they treat you. I hope for peace for those who are kind and love for those who have more to give. Xxx

 

 

No comments: