translate

Monday 4 March 2019

MONDAY'S DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Another Monday has come around. The start of a busy week for some. All morning I have been sorting out date’s times etc as at last I can get to my office as this weekend Hub and I sorted out the guest room and it’s done now thankfully. The light fitting, I got was a bit of a headache but thankfully BW came to the rescue and after ten minutes of negative vibes from the boys, it was done. They hate my new shade. Haha. I love it. And to make it even more tacky, I have placed a glass bird a decoration for the Christmas tree, so I guess it’s a robin. As my light fitment is a metal bird cage. It has birds on the outside embossed on the cage. I’m loving it already. I’m really happy with the bedding and curtains only thing is, one side of the duvet cover is plain blue and the other is the blue with the odd bird on and obviously not being able to see, how do we know the difference? So out came my iPhone to try to open my App tap tap see. And I’m not sure what is going wrong with that brilliant app, but it’s starting to read to me pictures that I have never taken. And, when I have looked on the reviews about the what normally is an amazing life changing app, a lot of people are saying the same. One day I was taking a picture of a shirt for Hub for work. The answer came back as it was a Yamazaki motorbike.

Say whaa’aa’aat?

Em, no, it was Hubs shirt, I just wanted to know what colour it was.

Another day it read man standing next to ironing board. Oh, spooky as I was in my kitchen holding a can, so the camera was pointing to the can. The second time I took the same picture, it read to me hand holding can. Didn’t say what was int the can, so I opened seeing a.i. and learned after three tries that it was the kidney beans I was wanting. Hub says it’s not good as far as he is concerned our photographs are getting shared. I mean, please Bloggets who use this app never take anything personal you never know who will end up viewing it. How is this happening Tap Tap See? I hope I get an answer as it is the most App I use and I love it.

 

So last night was no exception. I took a picture of the duvet cover and it read cat on fence.

O

K

After a few tries I got an answer that it was on the right way.

 

My friend came with some beautiful flowers for me last night. I’m out with her tonight we are going to the cinema again. I managed to get our Son a vegan birthday cake from our shopping delivery service Ocado. The clothes I got him almost everything fits him. Just one polo shirt needs to go back. Thankfully the awful bits of paper called receipts, I had kept. He received a couple of lovely cards from my friends Kinzie and Yvonne, bless them they never forget. My kind brother in law was a darling too.

 

In our news, storm Freya hits the UK. It’s windy for sure, but here, where I live, I wouldn’t call it a storm. Though it isn’t very nice out there, I hate the wind.

 

Volvo are to reduce their speed to 112 mph from 2020. Why on earth do cars need to go even to that speed when it is illegal to do that? I have never understood why our cars go over 80 mph.

 

An ancient planet wide water system discovered on Mars hints at past alien life. Yep, I believe that is where we came from. We screwed mars up and came here now we are screwing earth up and hope to live on mars one day. Just look at the freak weather all over the world. It’s happening in our lifetime. We don’t need to talk about it happening in future generations now. look at all the fires across the world too. This headline worried me. (A world without clouds?) well surely that would be the end of us as there wouldn’t be any rain? It was published in Nature Geoscience

 

In the UK almost 5000 people queued in rain to see if they are a match for stem cells for small boy with cancer.

And there is a link at the bottom of here with some great news for stem cell research. It’s software that will really cut down the time for the study of stem cell. I hope it will help with RP research, but I’m delighted to read what it will help with.

 

Other headlines that interested me was from space, slaves can be spotted by looking at earth. Did you know that some 40.3 million people are held in bondage across the world? One third of slavery is visible from space.

 

I was reading an article today to say that China were bringing in new rules with regards to genetic research. This is quite sad as this will slow down any progress with regards research for lots of diseases including RP. But I guess if I was offered treatment that is from China, or offered treatment from a country that is rebound for advocacy when it comes to safety, I would pick the latter. But what if China found a new treatment and other countries then bough it from them and did their experiments? Surely that would totally save time? Trouble is, people would fly to China to get this treatment before any safety checks were in place, but that is their choice isn’t it? I mean as long as they are adults. Anyway, that link is at the bottom of here too.

  

In the UK it’s Pancake Tuesday tomorrow. Yum but sad. Sad because my boy and I used to love making them but this year he won’t be able to eat them as he is now a vegan as you may know. Hub hates them so it will be just me but will I bother? I hope so, I want to but let’s see.

 

https://labiotech.eu/biotech-of-the-week/stem-cell-therapy-mogrify/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=campaign-224&mc_cid=6cff62c89c&mc_eid=5f25c88e36

 

 

 


 

No comments: