translate

Wednesday 6 March 2019

CHATTERBOX BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Why is it when I am trying to get to sleep, I start to think about my past and that does me in for the rest of the night? Well I had my friend to keep me company last night we spoke until the early hours on messenger. Thank goodness for earphones. Hub went to bed so early. Like I’m talking really early for him anyway. He was in bed at ten. I hope he feels better today as from waking up yesterday morning, he wasn’t well. He still isn’t right since his hospital scare last year. I’m concerned for sure. He’s doing loads of travel this week with work and next week I think is worse. Why is it when you get a good position at work, it always means travel? Why can’t you be based in one office, especially this day in age when we have skype etc.

 

I have just remembered. I put balloons out for my Son’s birthday… they are still there. Oh, they must look dreadful now after all the wind and rain. I shall write this then take them down.

 

Our Son is working in a different office and enjoying it. The guy he is covering for is off ill. This is the third time he has been picked for that job and he much prefers it. I’m so proud he has been chosen, I just wish for him it was a permanent role.

 

We had dreadful rain last night. But so far, no snow.

 

Talking to a much-loved friend via email a couple of weeks ago, we touched on the subject how colours effect your mood. We all know may be, that in the house, green is meant to make us feel calm. Well wearing colours change our mood too, so, what if you are blind? How does that work, or doesn’t it? I wonder if you tell yourself you are wearing yellow for example; will it make you feel better? I bet it would you know? As we are just feeding our brain in a different way and it’s our brain that tells us how we are feeling!

 

The monkeys in our zoo are making a lot of noise today. Reminds me, I must add bananas to my shopping list. Haha.

 

The other night Hub and I were sitting watching TV when our Alexa system piped up saying. I shall add to your shopping list.

We were like, what list? Who asked her to do that and what has she added?

Seriously, it sounded something like birdies spectateria. I put that in Google and nothing has come up. So, check out your list on line, get the correct spelling? Em, great advice, only we haven’t got a clue what list it went on. Hahaha. It’s a total mystery. Answers on a postcard please?

 

In our news, North Korea, re building rocket launch site, well, if they really ever got rid of it…

Virgin plane from Barbados to London have reported that there are passengers fallen sick during flight, so they are now in quarantine

 Looks like IRA starting up again as fire bombs were sent to airports in London.

 

FaceBook plans to turn your profile into a virtual grave when you die. Haha, sorry, but that is just too odd… do we get chance to place flowers? Have what we want written on the grave stone? Hub and I have talked about our funerals and know what each other wants and who we want when the time comes. It’s important to talk about this, I think. Next year we are to have a new law that you have to opt out if you do not want your body going for organs when you die. If you don’t opt out, then you will automatically be left in the process of organ transplants. Right now, we have to opt in.

 

apparently, the new iPhone 11, will work under water. Oh, that’s great, we will be able to text for help if we are drowning.

 

All the headlines of firing bullets into space and trying to dig rocks up there, seriously, it infuriates me. Leave the other planets alone for goodness sake.

 

The second person in the world has been treated for HIV. It’s to do with stem cells. Some people in one of the groups I’m in are annoyed as we have been waiting for treatment re stem cell for so much longer than those with HIV. I can see their point of view, some would say some people with HIV it’s self-inflicted. We don’t have a choice with our eye disease and those with cancer don’t have a choice a lot of times, not every time of course, but in some cases. The stem cell treatment had something to do with this guy having cancer too. And its great news for a particular type of cancer as so far, the man is now cancer free. So, if it will help cancer sufferers, great, bring it on.

 

105 children in the UK are having rotten teeth removed. That is frightening, isn’t it? What are the parents doing? I know in some cases it’s just poor genes, but not 105 per day, surely?

 Tracey has written to me and asked if I can share some vegan recipes with you all if interested. Well here is one for today tomorrow I shall try to write another one.  Greek stew

Serves 2

Dry or canned butter beans

2 red onions but I guess any onions will do

12 new potatoes halved

1 aubergine sliced into chunks

1 courgette sliced

1 sweet red pepper sliced

10 mushrooms sliced or quartered

2 sticks of celery

3 garlic cloves

A hand full of green beans

A handful of black or green olives halved

A handful of spinach or kale

A tin of plum tomatoes

1 Tbsp of tomato puree

Salt and black pepper

Mixed Italian herbs

Oregano, coriander, cumin and 2 bay leaves.

Lemon juice

 

If using dry butter beans, steep overnight in boiling water. Put in large pan with 2 cups of vegetable stock cube to boil. Whilst onions, mushrooms and garlic frying, add to pan, potatoes to boil. Then add to frying pan all your other veg like courgette, red pepper and aubergine.

Then add to pan green beans. Add a little more water if needed, salt pepper and your hand full of spinach or kale. If you are not using dried butter beans, then add can of butter beans, just before you add your frying pan ingredients.

Add tin of tomatoes and tomato puree. Then add leaves, herbs, olives, celery and lemon juice.

Place lid half on and turn down to simmer

Apparently, you can buy

Vegan fetta

To sprinkle on when cooked, I must try that.

 

Have a great day, be safe and happy.

 

 

No comments: