translate

Wednesday 20 March 2019

THE JIGSAW PUZZLE #PoetryByFionaCummings


THE JIGSAW PUZZLE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Pen to paper

A moment I want to savour

 To get to know you

Is a dream come true

A lifeline we share

Never knowing you

But knew you were there

Like a hidden jewel

But had to play by the rule

Feeling a fool

Time waisted

Years, so cruel

Tears, forming a pool

But now words I want to write

To say I never gave up the fight

To tell you of my plight

Blood rushing through our veins

Past memories remain

A lifetime apart

A space in my heart

But like a jigsaw puzzle

I have found the missing pieces

Putting the picture together

An angel feather

Like a much-needed cuddle

A bear from childhood

A dish of favourite food

A box in the corner

With the last two bits of wood

Wanting to open the gift

But don’t think I should

Shall I untie the bow

And lift the lid

I just don’t know

Like a game of chess

Waiting for you to make the move

I don’t want to tip the box

 And make a mess

But this is not a game

It’s real life

I want to survive

Feeling alive

So much pride

Nothing to hide

And so much to give

This moment I want to save

The ink is running out

Words I shall just shout

But can you hear me now?

My picture looks beautiful

Almost complete

My challenge is done

I hope we all have won

Strong together

 We don’t except defeat

 

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: