translate

Wednesday 6 March 2019

HARMONY #PoetryByFionaCummings


HARMONY

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Take me to the place

Show me that smiling face

Let me hold a strong hand

Where is that magical land?

Take me where the birds sing so sweet

Where there is plenty of food to eat

Fresh clean water to drink

A peaceful place to think

About all the past we have left behind

Knowing that we have no one in our world who’s unkind

Show me a world full of love

Is that place high above?

Take me there when the time is right

Where the silver stars shine to brighten the night

Where the sun will beam, through clouds full of water,

Where no parents will be without, a Son or a daughter

Where every pair of eyes will see

And all limbs will work

Fish will be allowed to swim in the sea

And those who have never heard the ocean

 Allow them to hear the waves

How clear their world will be?

Take me to a place where there will be no graves

No death, no grief

At least let me imagine such a place

Even in brief

No animals will dye because of our greed

No one, nothing will suffer

No stories will mutter

No lies will be told

Only kindness, will unfold

One big happy family

Is that too much to ask?

Where no one pretends, and have to wear a mask

Where happiness and loyalty will last

And time goes slow

Rather than so fast

But nothing ends

A world full of friends

Take me to that place one day

Wherever that may be

Up through seven skies

Or under the sea

Until that time

Let me stay on this earth

And live in hope that one day

We will realise where we went wrong

And in harmony, we can all sing the same song

Play the same tune

And sit under the moon
 Telling tales of how it was

But how now, it’s going to be

A life full of joy

Rather than misery!

 
(C) Fiona Cummings
 

 

No comments: