translate

Friday 29 March 2019

#PoetryByFionaCummings


FLY FREE LITTLE DOVE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Fly free little dove

Fill your heart with love

Find your way back home

When all your adventure is done

Whilst you’re young

Enjoy having fun

Flying through the winds 

Keep out of trouble and strife

I hope you meet with the love of your life

I gave you your wings

And taught you to fly

Though you are now leaving the nest

I can’t help but cry

Silver tears fall

As you still to me are so small

Fly high 

But don’t fall

The forever sky

Will call

May you always find a safe shelter

Especially in winter

If there has to be a block of wood in your way

Let it just be a splinter

As you awake each day

To continue your adventure

Know I am always here full of love

For now fly free my dove

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

 

 

 

 

No comments: