translate

Wednesday 13 December 2017

WHAT THE ANGELS SAID TO ME BY FIONA CUMMINGS


WHAT THE ANGEL SAID TO ME

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Wrapped up well

Running towards the hill

With cherry red noses

Cheeks the colour of roses

Butterflies in my stomach

Such a thrill

In summer this path would make a racket

But the snow silenced our footsteps

The white sky above us

Was if a blanket blocking out the jets

No sounds, no fuss

A multi coloured sleigh

So many children play

I see a shape before me

As I climb up to the top

Did I really see

An angel from above?

The feeling was overwhelming, full of love

I shout stop

I saw spread out wings

And then the angels choir started to sing

The church bells did ring

I know they did

I even heard the organ play

Wondering has the church mouse hid?

Previous voices fell in the hills

Muffled, frozen shivering shills

As fluttering wings, flew over my head

I heard these words to me they said

No gifts you need

No feasts to feed

Just hold those in your heart, who are in need

Give something that costs nothing

That’s your time

Then a star in the inky sky did shine

As if to lift me to another world

My head was in a swirl

White before me, below and up high

Pure like a pearl

It was then I realised

As I saw my family cry

They were given the words

I had died

Fluttering birds

Circled my head

It can’t be true

I’m not dead?

I’m too young

I was having fun

But then I glided towards the sun!

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: