translate

Tuesday 26 December 2017

BOXING DAY COMFORT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. It’s been so lovely so far today. Firstly, let me tell you of my diet… No, stop, not the D, word, more like what I have eaten today so far… For my breakfast, I ate a full chocolate orange… I have never been able to do that before. Always a chocolate orange takes me two and a half visits to our fridge, nope, not today, Fifi has entered the orange wrapper and disposed of it in one fell sweep! Well, I’m sure somewhere there is a part of an orange in it, so I have had one of my five per day, right?

Oh

No? Really?

 

For my lunch, I have had a bag of jelly beans. Please don’t tell me there not vegetarian friendly??? I guess if not, I have to have something good for my bones… And they are so that’s good, right? I’m now wondering about dinner tonight…

 

My baby was up at six this morning. For work. He’s back tonight and I think shamrock is coming around. Hub still on his long holiday. We have had a lovely day of just sorting out our presents. Gosh, I got some really lovely gifts. I have been playing my Melodica and I’m sure I sound brilliant…. Only thing is, I think only I think I’m brilliant, but has that stopped me from playing in front of a pro of a Hub? No, I don’t care, I love it… We actually duetted yesterday when I opened it, Hub on piano and BW un be known to us recorded it as he naughtily did when we were being silly with our gifts. Hub and I can be so childish at times and it’s as if our Son is the adult. Hahaha

 Hang, on, is there such a word as duetted? Well, if not, we did a duet.

Oh, I’m so happy right now. It’s really lovely to have Hub home and do no housework just chill. Our dogs are so happy after their big adventure yesterday with BW on their walk. And opening all their gifts. They got some Kong toys from us and a ball made from rubber tube from Arty. From our friend Vivi, they got a box of dog treats each. We bought them a teddy bear too. It squeaks as Waggatail found out. Whatever toy each dog was opening, The Little Fella tried to claim from the Wagging one. But her teddy bears she wasn’t giving up. It was so fluffy when I gave her it, after ten minutes? Oh’ugh’yack. Not nice… But she so loves it. And she was too cute for words. Now they are shattered and are in bed fast asleep. They had the tiniest amount of turkey yesterday and this morning, but when I say tiny, Hub said it was the size of a little finger and oh, if dogs can smile, they were beaming.

 We got a lovely card from Shamrocks family and again, with the help of our app Seeing AI, we could read it, sort of. It’s great Bloggets if you have an iPhone, please try to download that app. To be able to read handwriting is amazing. It took three tries and it’s not perfect, but so much better than what we had a year ago when we got cards and didn’t have a clue who they were from. Two of our kind friends too have bought us Braille cards. How thoughtful. You can get them in some card shops now. Clinton cards. Well done to them. The card from Shams family is beautiful and may win the best card award of the year…

 

So, what were your Christmas cracker jokes like? Anything as bad as these?

Why did Santa go to the Doctor?

Because he had bad elf.

 

What do you call a cat in the desert?

Sandy Claws

 

What do you call someone who delivers gifts to pets?

Santa Paws

 

What do Santa’s little helpers learn at school?

The Elf abet

 

How do snowmen get around?

They ride an icicle.

 

Hahaah. Sorry, it just had to be done.

 

Today it’s raining and sunny. Very odd. As the night makes its way to us, the air is becoming chilly so I shall crank up the heating and settle down all cosy with the last few days of our Christmas lights on beautiful smells and watch telly, there is a lot on tonight. I just love it… Especially as BW is at home all night so no need for me to worry about where he is.

 

Next blog I shall tell you about my dreams for next Christmas. Well all of them but one. And if my wish comes true, next Christmas I shall be able to tell you if my wish over the flames of the Christmas pudding came true… From my happy little family to you or yours, keep warm stay safe and know I care. X

 

 

   

 

 

No comments: