translate

Wednesday 6 December 2017

MY CHRISTMAS DIARY (WHAT ON EARTH) BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. How are you all? Me? Thanks for asking, smile, I’m so, so. Full, shouldn’t be. I should feel a healthy empty. I don’t know how my Husband goes to work without any food and doesn’t eat anything until he returns at nights. I have had my dreaded toast, I wish I could give up bread. The time I did ages ago, months, I felt so much better. But what is the alternative? Seems to be cereal… I crave for savoury. And the worst thing is, I am not a cheese fan. I don’t mind it, but I have never looked forward to eating cheese. Having said all that. Oh my… I have discovered a cheese that I simply adore.  It’s delicious. To me it’s the best cheese in the world. I only have a small amount but it’s every day and it’s so bad for you I really need to stop buying it. It’s not at all expensive either. I buy it from Morrisons but it may be able to be bought anywhere. Even the thought of it sends me into a frenzy. So, what’s it called and how much is it? The best Mature Red Fox 200g and its £2.44

 

 I must tell you today I spoke with my lovely friend from where I used to live we were on the phone. She told me she went to a garden centre yesterday, how I miss the garden centres in Newcastle. You can’t get better than them. Our garden centres are rubbish here in comparison. Yesterday at her garden centre there were real, reindeers. They are there until Christmas Eve then obviously they will be super busy helping Santa to deliver all gifts and smiles only to good kind people… Well, you could and still can, feed these darling creatures. They come to you when they see you have their food.  How adorable would that be. I so miss where I used to live. But I don’t miss the people we were surrounded by in our neighbourhood. They wouldn’t put you out if you were on fire. And, it’s too close to my ex. If not for him I think I would move there again. My friends there want me to live there again and the big question is, next year they may be a job going so could move back, at least the air would be clean and water lovely. But, there is the ex. He’s much older than me but not old enough to be soon popping his clogs. He’s fit too as in healthy.

 

 by the way… I miss the seaside there the golden beaches the forests woods and great shops, having said that, you still need to see to get to those places. And enjoy them. So, I could live anywhere in that case as I am sure there are nice places here, well at least a few trees, surely? Just I haven’t found it yet. This is city life! I’m a country gal. My Husband would move back to the North East like a flash. It’s me who’s holding him back here. The fact he has a great team at work too helps. His staff are the best they really work as a team and are like a little family. Unique they are. Their having their Christmas party at work soon I hope they have a great day, they work so hard.

 

Well my Santa outside is swinging away as if he’s drank too much Christmas sherry. I have checked his hat today and so far, it’s still on. He looks so ugly when it blows off because it’s not meant to come off so he has no hair and has a head like a gluey plastic bottle top. He’s meant to be climbing up a rope ladder but instead he looks as if he’s had enough of life, that is what my Son says he looks as if he’s hanged himself. The rope is like children’s skipping rope. It’s pure tac but every household should have some sort of tac at Christmas, right?

 

I think we are going to have to get our decorations either in our garage or deflate them as we are expected gale-force winds tomorrow and guess what is coming at the weekend? Yeahahah, snow… a picture-perfect Christmas. Then, one week later is our big day, oh, heck, what will it be? Boy Wonder has something planned for me and his Dad and I don’t know what it is… I must say I feel a little anxious. I don’t care much for surprises. I like to plan and be prepared, I mean, what to wear? An evening dresses? Trouser suit? Jeans or joggers? We may be going out for a posh meal, he may be wanting to show us his new business he has just bought, that is his dream… he may be taking us to a Christmas market, I would love that. A forest walks? Even better, a Christmas theatre visit? Or a meal with Shamrocks family? Possibly to announce something? Or, they may have a house to show us… oh, gosh, the suspension. Oh, heckers double heck, what if I am about to be told Hub and I are going to be Grandparents? Oddly Hub is getting rather broody. Em. I’m not… too young. All of us. Including the kids. Far too young and just not right…

 

My Son is driving home tonight he has been away for a couple of days with Sham. I think their plan was to go on hikes, God help Shamrock. Her short legs trying to keep up with Boy Wonder. She will die when she realises how long BW’s hikes are and how fast he walks. That was the plan but if Shamrock gets her way, they will be shopping, smile. Let’s see. Mind you, I think she has shopped for England, and Ireland as that is all she has done for weeks.

 

I have just received a wooden church in a box… it’s a village scene. It’s a cottage, clock tower and church with lampposts and trees that light up. I can’t open the battery compartment. Hub will do that, it’s his speciality. Why can’t they make battery compartments like they used to? Now you need a screwdriver for everything.

 

A couple of gifts came yesterday for Hub. For me. One was in a large box from eBay. It’s second hand and Hub said he has never seen one in his life he has even tried to look one up but failed. He came across this by chance. He says it’s totally unique. Gosh, what could it be? Also, something new he designed… this was a challenge for him obviously being blind. I can only conclude its jewellery. I felt so sad for him when he opened it, as you know by earlier blogs, we can do that in front of each other as we can’t see what each other has in their hands… So, bless him, I sunk inside as he was obviously very disappointed in what he got. He went upstairs I learned that he contacted the wonderful team called B my eyes you can call them using your iPhone they are wonderful volunteers who tell you what you are holding. It’s all done live. Well, they recognised it and told Hub as he was so sad I feel he thought he had made a boob.

Not literally.

  a dark sadness overcame him. Blindness totally sucks, especially when you just want to do something nice for a loved one and he will know if he doesn’t know what it is, neither will I. but he will be able to tell me and everyone else will know. Just not to know though that it isn’t a shape but obviously a picture of something. And, he paid a lot of money for it. I just wish we could get out to shop like other people then mistakes wouldn’t happen. I also wish he would know I don’t need expensive gifts to know he loves me. Sadly, that is the only way some people from his past knew how to react. He was a money bank to them but thank God, they are out of his life now and never to return in ours, but it will take him a long time to adjust just as it is for me with my ex.

 

Well as my cuckoo clock strikes another hour, I shall put down my lid and return to the daily grind of the housework. Then cook dinner BW said he would still like dinner not sure if Shamrock will be coming back with him or going home. So, what to cook? Hmm. I may do vegetarian toad in a whole. With Mash and veg. Toad in a hole is veg sausage or in Hubs case real sausage as in flesh… it’s done in the oven with Yorkshire pudding mixture poured over the top. May do easy veg like butter beans and sweetcorn. And I will make BW’s lunch for tomorrow as he’s back to work. Over three weeks now my Son hasn’t eaten meat. So proud of him. It’s not easy.

 

Take care wherever you are and if you have an interesting Christmas story to tell us all please do so and I will publish it or if you would like to try to remember which blog you liked best this year, then let me know and I will re publish it. May be give you an unanswered question?

Email me at


 

No comments: