translate

Friday 29 December 2017

DIARY OF THE VISITORS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Just read Ringo Star has been knighted… Really? Why? What has he done that deserves such an honour? I hope some fire fighters and Police; Ambulance people and other normal people also get appreciated. As in my opinion, it’s the normal people who work for others earning not nearly enough, or volunteer that deserve such honours rather than people with attitude earning millions of pounds.

 Just saying.

 

Oh, I got a voucher for Christmas for my clothes shop. Only trouble is, I need BW to read the code for it, and he’s at work. As soon as he comes in, he eats fast showers fast and runs fast to Shams.  And we received another for M&S. Hub and I are going to buy some new bedding with the M&S voucher. But on line is a total nightmare. So not accessible. I tried it today, so frustrating.

 

We only learned a couple of days ago, our bin men have been coming every year same day just before Christmas same day as the recycling collection to collect rubbish too. We just thought they missed a week. So, for years we have really struggled over this time of year when we need rid of rubbish not knowing that there is a double collection on one day. How bad is that? We have asked for them to email us but they say they can’t do that… also it’s not possible for them to send us Braille out with collection days on. So, now we know for next year to put our rubbish out the week before Christmas with recycling. See normally it’s alternative weeks rubbish one week, recycling next. Never did I know that they collected for one week only, per year, both bins. Now we have rubbish we just don’t know what to do with as the bin men won’t take extra bags even if they are next to the bin… I’m so wound up, on Tuesday I am going to call the council and ask again for Braille dates for bin collection. If they refuse, well, let’s see if I’ve calmed down by then, and for their sake I hope I have…

 

Okay, enough of my rubbish frustrations, and my lack in ability to shop now on certain websites, to something different, Happy. And believe me, after today what I have learned, I need something happy in my life…

 

Today we had family come to see us. It was so lovely. My Niece married the most adorable man many years ago. I love him to bits and was so happy for them when they married, and that is rare for me to be happy about people marrying as I look at most couples and think, your making a mistake… Hub says they have a lot to live up to as I think everyone should be like Hub and myself. No, not really, I just expect people who marry to love each other and it’s something I genuinely don’t often see. But my Niece and Nephew in law if that is what his title should be, are so very sweet together. 

 My Niece was born when I was at my very cruel boarding school and I remember feeling so warm inside of the cold environment when my Mum rang me to tell me of the birth. I so badly wanted to run home and hug my baby Niece, but of course I was miles from home.

 

I didn’t have much money when I was first married and I married far too young, not long after I left school my first Husband and I married. I would save up every week and on my Nieces birthday, I would buy her a party dress. For someone as young as myself, this was a very odd tradition, and you know what I am like now days for traditions, just shows I was like it then too.

 

She’s special but we hardly see each other. But when we do she just belongs in my heart. My husband said he has never seen such a strong bond as there is between us. I asked what did he mean, as I knew my own translation of it, he just said there is just something I have never seen before in anyone, isn’t that odd? I wonder how we projected in front of each other?

 

A visit from my little  Great Niece and Nephew too. So as the snow fell  outside, a long drive for them, but thankfully they got here and back safely.  

 

I have a dog on my foot, well, part of a dog. And it’s the Little Fella. He’s so warm. It’s really cold today and he isn’t impressed with the snow. Our last two dogs were so happy with the white stuff, but not these two… it didn’t help that LF ran down the path to come in the house after he polluted in his little garden, and skidded… straight into the kitchen wall outside… bless him. Waggatail just sat there as if to say. “You idiot. Do you know how stupid you look?””

 

It’s been an odd couple of days with some very strange people in our lives… I don’t do fake. At my best, if I don’t agree with something, I say nothing at all, but most of the time I have to have my say and that doesn’t always end in a good result. And right now, I’m having to really zip my mouth. But, back to my Christmas pudding wish I made on Christmas day, who knows, it may come true…

 

Oh, we went to the pub quiz last night and it was out of 60 questions. Haha, we got 30. I guess again we came last. They were Christmas questions. So, you would think easy, right? Em. Nope. One of the questions was (what is the capital of Christmas Island?) Answer? Do you know it? Well we didn’t but the answer is

I bet you don’t know.

Go on, have a guess?

 Flying Fish Cove.

Have you ever?

I wonder if that’s a good place to go on holydays? Smile

 

Another question was (what other name is given to the Christmas Disease?)

Answer? Now let me tell you we thought it was gout. But the real answer is

Haemophilia.

Hmm

Why? The mind boggles. Until I could get on my lap top at home and search why? Answer?     

 Named after Stephen Christmas who was the first patient to develop the disease.

 

Gosh, I have loads to write about when life gets back to normal. Around about this time each year, my mind is full of everything and to write in a way I like is a challenge…

 

Who knows, tonight I may stay up really late and write from my soul.

 

 

No comments: