translate

Friday 8 December 2017

DIARY OF THE DAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 

Today I woke up to see  your countries in the top ten as follows who have read my blogs today. Hello to you all. In order of how many people have viewed, US, UK, Portugal, Philippines, Australia, Canada, South Africa, Germany, Egypt and Norway. I have been to some of your countries, and other countries I have dreamed about. The countries I haven’t been to are The Philippines, Australia, Canada, Egypt and South Africa. If it was peaceful and safe South Africa would be a dream for me, though I think I would starve as doubt there are many vegetarians there, though I know of one…. Smile. but I really think I would love to go there with sight. I remember when I could see, I saw SA on the TV and I have never seen such a beautiful picture in my life. The colours of the land were spectacular. Almost out of this world. My Darling Blogget from there who emails me to my delight, makes it sound a dream place to live. The people sound lovely, but there is what we see over here with regards unsettlement sadly that makes me anxious but one day, who knows, there may be peace in a land of truly natural beauty and of course my favourite animals on the planet, elephants. And you all know I dream to live in Canada. Smile. Where abouts there? Vancouver. Seriously, why? I really don’t know apart from it seems to be as far away from England as I would want to go… Everything just seems so clean and young… Not as in only young people there, as I would dislike that immensely but everything seems new. The beauty of the lakes and all the wonderful shops and markets. Again, I would need to have sight, to live there. It just seems so romantic to me but I think people who live in other countries who have never been to England, will or may have the same dreamy image of us. We have lots of green fields with cows in and lovely little farm houses scattered in our beautiful countryside. We have so much history and icons. We live close to forests woods and the seaside. Tudor houses, little quaint pubs with roaring coal fires and friendly publicans and of course our Royal family and all their buildings. I guess it’s a case of the grass is always greener on the other side…

 

Guess what Bloggets? You have got our blog page to over 250,000 views. How did we get here? Wow. I must check it out if I can, but I think last year at this time we had about 170,000 views in total, so we have had 80,000 views this year. Us incredible.

 

Thank you all for your top blogs you would like me to re publish, I shall be doing that in a couple of

Weeks, so there is still time for you to get yours in, or if you would like a mention or anything you would like me to write about, please email me at


 

I have been kept busy this week by writing some poems for you that you requested me to send you for your cards and some to put in a frame for Christmas gifts. I normally by now have loads of Christmas poems published on here but I won’t write your personal poems so I think I have written eleven this month for you Bloggets which has left me out of spare words for here. Smile. I guess my next batch will be for Valentines day?

 

When I opened the internet today I was told it was a special birthday… the birthday of the man who discovered secret life force of plants and saved hundreds of lives. Who was he? Jan Ingenhousz.

He was born in the Dutch republic. From the age of 16, he studied medicine.  He had a strong interest in electricity. In 1755 he opened a medical practice working with smallpox. He travelled through Europe studying. His first stop was England where he learned how to be a master inoculator. Imagine that? Being known for being a Master inoculator?

Haha. What a man, so he saved lives in the field of smallpox.

 

He settled in Vienna where he injected the Royal family with a needle and thread. The thread had smallpox on it to make healthy bodies free of smallpox. Some time later he ended up in England again in West Yorkshire where he started to work with plants. He identified the gas from plants as oxygen. He also learned that in the dark, plants give off carbon dioxide. He died in 1799 and was buried in England and a year after, his wife died. So, he was brilliant, and saved so many lives.

 

Well since I started writing this blog, I have acquired long tent pegs for my flattened penguin… and I have prepared dinner for tonight then arranged something for Hub coming home tonight. So, a break from the small amount of writing I have done today but I will be back later to tell you what Hub and I have or hope to do later on… As ever I’m anxious but he deserves it. So, on that note, have a lovely weekend, keep warm and safe. X

 

  

 

No comments: