translate

Sunday 3 December 2017

JUST MY DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. The house is so quiet even the mouse is in his little bed in the loft. No, we haven’t caught him. But I can tell you, he’s having fun up there as he’s doing a dance every early morning before the birds brush their teeth Mickey has put his tap shoes on and is going for it above our heads. Laughing because we the humans haven’t trapped him. Yet. The cheese didn’t work as I told the family, so now we have tried a Ringtons chocolate biscuit. Hmm. He obviously isn’t tempted by that so what next? I’m not parting with my crunchy bar, that’s a certain. I caught Boy Wonder yesterday trying to take it from the fridge. I also caught BW tonight talking with the Little Fella, telling him to take it to Shamrock. Take what? Well Sham then told BW off and proudly LF brought from the kitchen across the tiny hall into the sitting room, in his mouth in paper, never mind, not appetising, a full ice-cream. The top of the ice cream had one of those lids on, but still I wouldn’t be too keen in eating it from LF’s gentle mouth. Bless him, if that had been my Waggatail, Shamrock wouldn’t be getting even a tiny taste of it. And Waggs would be spending the night licking her lips.

 

I seriously wonder if my Waggatail thinks her new name is biscuit.

Sometimes when she doesn’t come in from the garden, I shout biscuit and she is in as quick as I can say Jack Robinson. Whoever he is.

 

(He did it faster than you can say Jack Robinson) It’s a phrase that dates back to the 18th century. Some research says that Jack Robinson was a man in the 19th century who changed his mind and you had to be quick to catch him in a decision.

 

So, will we hear the snap of the trap from the loft so black during this night? I hope not. I hope that Mickey will find his way out and never return. I hope he finds a lovely field to run around in. Hub went up in the loft the other night, oh, I could have been sick.  He is so brave. My Son of 6 feet four hid like me and kept out of the way. Hub took a look but couldn’t find anything damaged, nothing gnawed and no sign of a mouse, but we have all heard him. And he’s loving it up there. The thought of it makes my skin crawl.

 

Why was Hub up there? Well he wanted to see if we caught the mouse and we are tinsel missing. A load of tinsel. Red for my conservatory and blue and white for my living room. Between me Hub and Boy Wonder Even Shamrock has had a look we can not find it anywhere. I just wonder if it’s been thrown out when we had our kitchen work done? My friend said today that the joiner will be sitting there in his hand made rocking chair telling his visitors. “Do you like my choice of tinsel colours? Well, he stole my wood, why not my tinsel?

 

Seriously, I am sure he wouldn’t do that who would pinch tinsel? Having said that, the kind I had was £5 per strand. I really think sadly it’s been thrown out.

 

Oh, by the way my dog walker? You know she fell ill. She lives on her own she is 74. After one night in hospital they sent her home. Two days later she had another attack. She was in and out in hours. Back home on her own. A week later back in another attack. Out after two days this time. A week later she went to her Doctors as the hospital told her they didn’t need to see her again, just keep taking the pills they gave her.

 

 Her Doctor looked at her pills as she had to make an appointment to see her local Doctor. Turns out the wonderful hospital have given her the wrong kind of tablets. Oh my. NHS, fantastic at times but then…. Firstly, why send her home knowing she’s on her own and may have had a heart attack? May as they were not sure by that point. Then back out again and for the third time with wrong pills. Unreal.

 

Well a day of tidying up tomorrow. And a day of packing a broken radiator we sent for as well as a long time on the phone trying to get a refund from Debenhams. Oh, my that shop sells the best things online but to get it in my basket? Then pay for it it’s impossible. When it comes to check out Debenhams are the worst

When it comes to phoning your order through? Debenhams is the worst. The refund for £5 was OK, but it took 35 minutes to do it over the phone. No respect or compensation for the fact my fingers and hand is cut to bits. A glass post box was sent in a plastic bag. No padding or box. Just a bag. Then two other tree ornaments I sent for came in a gift tin. In a box and six layers of padded paper around it. Even though the ornaments were so safe in their tin. Nothing makes sense this year.

 

OK, must dash will be back soon with a Christmas diary. A great story from my friend in Canada and more. X

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: