translate

Monday 25 December 2017

CHRISTMAS DAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


  Merry Christmas dear Bloggets. It’s almost half ten in the evening. First time I have had time to sit here at my lap top. Today we got up to see if the big man in red had been. And he had. The three of us came down stairs and I prepared myself to be overwhelmed as I am every year with my Husband. Gosh, Hub and I have been together nine years and he has totally spoiled me each Christmas an yet I still get shocked at what happens with my emotions.

 

My ex didn’t bother with Christmas gifts for me really, some years a CD one year I got a lovely bangle which I still have but most years I never got a thing. Not even a box of chocolates, so going from that, to now is a shock to my system still.

 

I will never forget that last Christmas with my ex the day I told him we were over. My son who was very young at the time was sobbing kneeling by the Christmas tree trying to wrap a CD that my ex threw under the tree in anger. My little boy was so upset because he begged his father to come home for Christmas Eve as he failed to do so each year. My boy, had spent time with his best friend that day watching his father wrapping his friends Mums gifts. The friends Dad went so far to try to disguise the gifts to his wife, and from that to my Son firstly being upset by his father’s reaction to us that day and just chucking my unwrapped gift under the tree. Next came the horrid moment where I had to lock myself in the downstairs toilet to get away from my ex and my baby standing between the door and my ex, trying to stop him from coming at me. Then I heard my ex getting abusive to my boy, I had always been able to protect my Son from that man but sadly, now my boy was getting older, he was bound to see things he shouldn’t. and that day was the biggest decision of my life. I wouldn’t put my Son through that ever again. I was unable to protect my Son from my ex by then and it was time no matter how difficult to leave him.

 

I was totally blind, I had no money and my parents had died ten years earlier. I had no idea of the outside world, where to go what to do. All I knew was my Darling Son needed better than what he would receive from my ex.

 

I could write a book just how unkind my ex was, even now he has many different women an yet I am sure he makes each one think they are the only ones. He is a bad example to my Son, but my boy is 20 now so is old enough to know what is right and wrong. Especially because now he has  a fine example in a kind caring Dad.

 

I did escape him and it was the best decision I ever made. My Son has benefited for sure. And at least now my ex tries harder with my Son. But that man has had such an effect on me I just can’t except gifts from my now and forever Husband without feeling really unworthy.

 

I received a beautiful badger. Not real’ll’ll’lll, but one for the garden. Oh, he is so very cute. Funny thing is I bought Hub a statue for the garden so we think alike. Hub and I met at school when we were six. Left that school and were apart for 28 long years before we were reunited. So, this statue is of a little boy wearing a straw hat sitting on a log holding a tiny posy with a little girl sitting next to him sneaking her first little kiss. The detail is so good!

 

I love gingerbread men. so, I received a stunning gingerbread house it’s really beautiful. I got a gingerbread man necklace and matching earrings. And, the most amazing hand bags, yep, two of them. Perfume and a, pie, maker… haha.

 

My Darling Son bought me the most exquisite purse that matches one of my hand bags. It’s purple with loads of silver studs on it. It’s a purse that can also be used as a evening bag. The design is Michael Kors. Gosh, from my Son, that is a lot of money to spend. He also bought me some beautiful hair products.

  

My friends got me some wonderful fragrances that I love. From another friend I got hand creams and chocolates, another bought me some really jazzy trousers and my friend Vivi got me a voucher for my fave clothes shop and some very posh slippers. She really is kind and gave our son a cheque that he will buy some new shoes with and a membership to a gym.

 

Hub got from her coffee beans and clothes. Our besties bought Hub some lovely coffee in a very decretive tin and we got a big box of chocolates from them.

 

BW bought Hub so much and everything was so lovely. Hub was rather touched at just how kind BW had been.

 

I got jewellery from my Brother and Sister in law and yesterday we received some stunning gifts from Shamrock, BW’s girlfriend.

 

BW received a lovely bracelet from Sham and some very nice trainers from her Mum. He got £50 from his father and a voucher from my brother and Sister in law.

 

We bought him a watch that when he opened, I thought he was going to cry, bless him. I have never known anyone be so appreciative of gifts. It has a very heavy bracelet with a blue face. It’s really stunning. I was so relieved as of course it was bought on line. So only went on reviews and the small description from the sellers.

 

We bought him a raiser too and his favourite American soda. He got normal things that are needed like slippers and socks. Hub bought him some cufflinks too. May be now he will stop using Hubs. Haha. Seriously, Hub doesn’t mind at all him doing so, but we thought it was about time he had some of his own.

 

We got him some car accessories too and lots of smellies. Oh, and a warm jumper. He goes out in the cold in a t/shirt. So, now hopefully he will wear his jumper.

 

We had a lovely Christmas dinner Hub and I did well in sorting that out and our Son took all the gifts upstairs for us that took a load of trips and I decorated the table whilst BW lit the candles. We were so full after our dinner we couldn’t eat the pudding, but after BW took our dogs out for a walk, and we tidied the kitchen, we ate pudding with brandy sauce and had a coffee from BW’s new gift to Hub, a proper coffee maker you put on the stove along with a grinder and they both had fun preparing coffee that BW bought his Dad it was a whisky coffee. BW helped Hub to light the pudding. Gosh, the flames? It was like having a blooming coal fire in our kitchen. Of course, we all had to make a wish… I hope mine comes true, I really do. We will see over the next few months, and if it does, I shall tell you.

 

Then it was time for more boy toys with Hub and our Son playing with a new helicopter BW received from his girlfriend’s brother.

 

Gosh, the day is closing now, and I’m still left in shock. As I am every Christmas. I hope your day has been one of peace. Paper hats off now, jokes from pulled crackers in the bin and time to reflect on a very happy day our tiny family of three.

 

 

 

            

No comments: