translate

Thursday 14 December 2017

I KNOW YOUR PAIN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I KNOW YOUR PAIN

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I hear your words

I feel your pain

I can only say

I felt the same

Your voice, the tone

You feel alone

In this cruel big bad world

No bars of gold

Would change your mood

You just want a hand to hold

You have food

And a roof that’s good

Yet the hurt is getting worse

Your life is a curse

Why were you born?

Put on this earth

If only things were different that day your Mother gave birth

Thing is you don’t know

Just how happy your parents were on that day

And how they smiled as a child when you went to play

They had warm hearts when they heard you laugh

There are people who walk each day along your path

You just don’t know them

And there are people waiting to say hello

You just haven’t yet met them

There are people in your life now

Who without you wouldn’t know how

There are those who need you so much

Others who love you and have a crush

You just haven’t noticed them

One day your time will come

Just when?

I can’t tell you that you know

All I can do is lift you from ever so low

Hold onto you tight

Make all your wrongs right

By telling you

I need you, love you and I’m glad I know you

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: