translate

Tuesday 5 December 2017

MY CHRISTMAS DIARY (CHRISTMAS LIST) BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 
It’s freezing outside. My Christmas lights are all on out and in. It’s toasty warm here. Doors are locked and I’m sitting with Hub and my dogs watching Nigella Lawson cooking some amazing things. No way I can even think about making anything she cooks. I’m not a natural cook I cook basic food. I made my Son a vegetarian Lasagne the other day and he said it was the nicest lasagne he has ever had in his life including posh restaurants, but it was so basic just made with love and I think that is an important ingredient to any recipe!

 

When it comes to reading a recipe, it’s as though I have become dyslexic. Even though I obviously don’t visually read the words, but listen to them. Even when I had sight, recipes to me were double Dutch!

 

Half of the stuff I have never even heard of. And somehow, I don’t really wish to find out about them. Cooking I believe is a passion. You love it or you do it because you have to. I’m the latter but what I do I like to do well or what is the point?

 

Some people can’t even make a slice of toast, but they may have a Masters in whatever extremely difficult subject. It’s like you can sing or you can’t. I’m not even into kitchen gadgets though every drawer and every cupboard are bursting full. If you are into gadgets, here are some I found online that may interest you.

 

Yomee automatic yogurt maker about $100 as it like a few of these items, were found on an American website.

 MLITER s20 electric multifunctional knife sterilizer $50

Wow this sounds lovely. Hario ceramic and wood coffee grinder. $78

Oh, here we go, watch out kitchen display cabinets. Star Wars lightsabre salt and peppershakers… $40? Gosh, that’s a lot…Does that get you in a rocket to the moon?

Star Wars death kitchen timer with sounds… does that tell you when your time is up? $18

MPFX Oli porcelain olive bowl. Wuu’uu’uuw How much? $47? Do you get a year’s supply of olives as well?

Remembering my Mum and friends Mums throwing out their soda Stream bottles/makers. Hmm, well expect to pay £120 $150 for one now. Time to check out aunt Norah’s loft.

 

I found a UK website that were talking about gadgets under £50. How about a Lekue deep steam case? This is how you can cook a whole chicken in twenty minutes without making a mess or splashing your giblets all over your work tops.

 

Whilst I was looking for kitchen gadgets I stumbled across a great gift for a teacher. Special one obviously, a wooden pad and quill apple pencil holder. And only $40 that’s why special for a teacher, but for home decoration, I think that would look lovely sat on a desk or phone table.

 

Struggling with gifts for Christmas? Here are some options.

iRobot Roomba 980 vacuum cleaning robot 2016 /2017 season.

 Leave him to do your floors…

 new braun series 9 electric shaver (Wet/ Dry) with docking station. You can look out for offers on Amazon.

This is great to get the kids up in the mornings. A Clock alarm clocky wheels in chrome it will jump off the bedside cabinet and wheel across the room until the person turns it off it beeps too. Haha.

 

How about whisky stones? Rather than ice in your or his whisky. About £15 Or, if you shop around you can subscribe for £10 or $15 per month a new aftershave, so every 30 days he can try out a new fragrance and I know for the ladies you can buy monthly make up packages too as well as health foods.

 

If you want a night in and feel the need to be eaten, then why not get a Giovanni hot chocolate sugar scrub with crushed cocoa beans? Or, may be more like sleepy herbal tea, to guarantee a good night’s sleep? Smile.

 

You can get hand made book marks. Oh, the gingerbread man one looks great or you can get other Christmas characters like Dorothy’s red slippers in the formation of a clay book mark. I have to say, I haven’t bought one of the above items, but they say, that is the popular choice this year. Haha. Really?

 

A beautiful friend of mine and a dear Blogget had a lovely idea. Gift vouchers but in a very fancy box with a bow and filled with tissue paper and candy treats. Then the receiver can buy what they really want and not something that is going to be chucked to the back of your robe or drawer and never come out again. Also, you have personalised it by going to buy the box or looking for it on line buying the tissue paper choosing the colour of that and the bow and buying the treats.

 

 Those make up advent calendars should be half price now, why not buy your box and the calendar and fill your box with what was in the calendar? You will get 24 mini make ups or if you buy the candle one, 24 candles. Those calendars are getting crazy now, you can buy alcohol and perfume just to name a few. Again, look out for them half price but remember the tissue paper to make it look pretty and to prevent your miniatures from rolling around the box.

OK, remember the best gift is you!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: