translate

Thursday 21 December 2017

BEST PLACES TO VISIT AT CHRISTMAS BY FIONA CUMMINGS #SeeingAI


Sitting watching TV, a program about everything.  a four feet wreath made from stone that is being decorated by volunteers for the Cathedral in York as it is every year. Imagine how much foliage is being used? But it will look so nice.

 

Oh, I would be in my zone of delight if I could make one of those. Wow, I love doing arty things and apart from once when I painted the frame of a mirror of all things in America with our really dear friends, in twenty years I haven’t made anything. But I really would love to make a wreath or garland.

 

Tom Jones is on this show oh he is still great. He has a Christmas concert/show on TV on Christmas day, on BBC 2. I will be watching that. I can not believe that man is 77. Wow, what a voice.

 

On this program they are talking about how inside Euston train station in London on Christmas day, there are going to be long tables with white cloths and Christmas dinners will be served for the homeless. That is a lovely idea. There are many views on homeless people. So many of our homeless are alcoholics and some drug addicts. There actually is a lot of help out there free of charge, too there are also charities who do help the homeless to get places to live, though they are not at all nice at least it’s a roof over their head but those people have to find the strength to find that path of life and stick to it. Part of me feels angry when I hear of homeless people and the other half cries inside. And when I hear of people who are homeless with dogs, well, don’t even start me on that.

 

Hub is off work for a couple more weeks. He is very relaxed for the first time after only a few days he was totally chilled where as normally it takes about six or seven days for him to be able to put work behind him. If I was working in an office, I would work as near to Christmas as possible as I would love the Christmas atmosphere.

 

 We have been invited to a cocktail party… haha, sounds rather grand doesn’t it? Well, Okay, it’s a friend who makes cocktails and has asked us to his house. I think my cocktail may be the mixture between tea and milk. God help Hub and our friend.

 

Did you hear about the Christmas tree in Rome? Sounds like a joke, right? Nope, it’s a story about how people are not impressed as apparently the Christmas tree looks more like a toilet brush… Oh, dear I guess there will be some flushed faces where that’s concerned!

 

I was reading about the best ten places in Europe to visit for Christmas shopping the first one shocked me. Lisbon? Really? Nothing against Lisbon but I never would have thought Lisbon would have been Christmassy.

 

Lille in France is the second-best place, and the third is Ghent, Belgium. Now I’m there with that one, for the chocolates…  Possibly France for the cheese and wine? But still, Lisbon?

 

Munich, yep, I agree, anything German is up there with Christmas as it’s the most wonderful country and their markets are fantastic. I’m told… Never been to a German Christmas market, but dream to go.

 

One place in the top ten is in England… Ledbury, Herefordshire. My Husband knows this area very well and he says it’s absolutely stunning.

 

I’m sorry, but the next place in the list was a place I just can’t even use my imagination, even if I try really hard. I have tried, honestly and I have Bloggets from this city I don’t want to insult you guys, but come on, even you will agree that your city can’t be up there in the top ten of best places to visit at Christmas? So, where is it? Oh, no, guess where? Glasgow. Especially when you Glaswegians are higher placed in the best places to visit at this time of year than Vienna.

 

I simply couldn’t read further as I really really don’t agree with most of that article I read in but I had to try to understand where this research went and possibly my mind could be changed, opened to see beyond my opinion… So, here we go. Lisbon. There is a massive sparkling Christmas tree in Praça do Comércio and the scent of chessnuts fills the air and concerts are held in churches.  It’s read the place is very uncommercialized so this is what Christmas really should be about. There are shops selling chunky chocolate and different colored bonbons. Other shops sell beautiful leather gloves. You can pop to a patisserie to try a round delicious Christmas cake. So, gosh, my flabber has never been so gasted Lisbon sounds very Christmassy.

 

I’m still struggling with Glasgow.

 

On that note before I lose my Scottish Bloggets, I shall say I love Edinburgh. And many more places in Scotland, I just wouldn’t say that Glasgow was a place to visit at Christmas…

 

OK, I shall go for now but thanks to Microsoft, and an app called seeing AI, this year is the first we could read our Christmas cards. As now the apps read handwriting. How amazing is that? Talk later x

  

 

   
 

 
 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

    

No comments: