translate

Monday 4 December 2017

THE GHOST FROM THE FROZEN LAND BY FIONA CUMMINGS #PoetryByFionaCummings


THE GHOST FROM THE FROZEN LAND

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Standing here

Clouds of ice in the air

A frozen fallen tear

Pain I can’t share

I keep walking but along the path of nowhere

No one is there

In the iced over lake

I just stair

A shadow of a ghost

Bowing bear branches chip away at the edge of the water

Naked as their foliage has been slaughtered

My silent voice echoes

I see dead willows

Frosted hills and forgotten meadows

Where did everyone go

A land full of snow

 It’s so cold

I put my hand in front of my eyes

 Shivering why can’t they hear my cries

Why can’t I see my hand

Someone else must be on this land

All alone

Bitter cold to the bone

A moon glides down to me

It’s as if I can reach up and touch it

A cloud calls to me

Fluffy like warm gloves that my blue hands will fit

The watery sun escapes along the lake

The inky blanket above my head tells me this isn’t fake

Though  reality

The sky sings in harmony

Calling for me

But how can I get up there

No one will help me

I’m so lost

Am I a ghost

Stuck in a frozen land

Though the sky sings in my head

There’s no band

Am I dead?

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: